Now thats a big fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that pic on cnn this morning; that's quite a cat. I was glad to hear it's survived being caught and going on display, although I'm sure it'd be happier in the murky depths. :|

I saw that on the news on Monday. It's a pretty cool thing. We used to go boating up by Alton, never again will I get out on a pair of skis knowing that a 124 lb catfish could dart after me. :D

My husband was cracking up this morning, about a fish "the size of a 6th grader" since we have a 6th grader... :lol:

Mmmm...catfish.

img_414684_0_0ad325b645b4164c1fdac92b0dbb06ed.jpg

uhhh J hawk,
for that catfish patti, I think you will have to bust out the Thanksgiving platter!!

nice catch, this cat was probably the king of the lake
i'll post a pic tomorrow of the same type of catfish, but it took two guys to lift it out of the water to take a snapshot..
quote"The fish has been kept alive and will be on display in a tank at the Cabela's Outfitter store in Kansas City, Kan.,"
I really can't justify that...
kind of sickening to me..poor fish

Holy crap! That is huge! I'm suprised he got it out of the water in only 1/2 hour, I'd have probably been pulled in after the fish. LOL

That's what some of the cats looked like at the National Aquarium in Baltimore - like they were overfed to make them unnaturally large. They looked like they had a little trouble swimming - did you notice that, Melody? This goes to show you that it can happen naturally, too.

I saw a red-tailed cat at the LFS today, and I just had to walk away, and try not to fret over what will become of that poor thing.

Toirtis said:
No, this is a big fish.....

uhhh... I stand corrected... that s a big fish!

I just want to know how in the WORLD did they get that thing out of the water!?! 8O
For the longest time I thought "Noodeling" was a myth, and even today Im not so sure, but just in case its a real "sport" if you want to call it that, the thought of either of those two cat fish would stop me from sticking my hand down in the mud holes... :roll:

Melody said:
uhhh... I stand corrected... that s a big fish!

I just want to know how in the WORLD did they get that thing out of the water!?! 8O

Winch, pulley, horse team.

For the longest time I thought "Noodeling" was a myth, and even today Im not so sure,

It pretty much is....you would not want most cats chewing on your arm.

I've seen Big Fish....I think. Is it about the fisherman who tells tall tales? If so, I thought the movie was ok, drawn out. But a good "thinking" movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom