Oceans and overfishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woots1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am really interested in the oceans and I'm just wondering if anyone would have any articles or websites that are good about overfishing and the ways we can over come it. Like different solutions such as aquaculture and laws. I know this is super random but I am just interested and would like to find some credible information about it all. So I figured a site dedicated to fish would be able to help me with this. Thanks!

From my understanding, fish just composes too much of the world's diet. It's one of the single most common protein sources and without major changes in the world's diet I honestly don't believe there's a whole lot that can be done to fix it except for aqua-culturing more fish.

Yeah the fish and wildlife site does have some good info. The problem with the web is there is so many not so reputable sites out there haha.
And it is becoming s problem with the fact that fish is so big to eat. Especially with it being healthier then say red meats b

It's interesting the contrast between the video and that article. I agree with the article that aquaculture needs to grow but also it needs to do so with sustainability. If they are just polluting like the video it doesn't really do us much good. It's like a catch 22 situation

Back
Top Bottom