Odd fact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just read something that said that most marine fish could live in a tank filled with blood. I just thought I should share that

Stingray68 said:
Just read something that said that most marine fish could live in a tank filled with blood. I just thought I should share that

That is weird! Yuck

seriously?thats awesome. and the frog one was discovered on a space mission or something

Current studies suggest that herring fart to communicate.

Not so sure about the blood thing to be honest. Not all blood is equal, so that is kind of a blanket statement and I am guess it has some qualifiers to it. For example, that would be a lot of iron for a fish long term.

absolutangel04 said:
Current studies suggest that herring fart to communicate.

Not so sure about the blood thing to be honest. Not all blood is equal, so that is kind of a blanket statement and I am guess it has some qualifiers to it. For example, that would be a lot of iron for a fish long term.

Yeah that is just what I read

The mantis shrimp has the most complex eyes of any organism. It can manipulate polarized light.

The blood thing actually makes sense. Sea water and blood are actually remarkably similar. The first circulatory systems were actually just simple channels that pumped ambient ocean water through the soft bodies of early life. Hemoglobin evolved much later. But the composition of blood plasma is still remarkably sea water-like.

I can't imagine that the stuff in blood other than plasma would be good for fish. Like someone already said, there's a lot of iron in red blood.

Back
Top Bottom