Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Of love and fish

Has anyone met there significant other at a lfs or has a significant other that happens to also love aquariums?

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I WISH!!! Then I wouldn't have to face the firing squad every time I spend $100 and an hour or so at my LFS lol

Old 11-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

My wife is semi-supportive of my fishing addiction. She likes to get involved from time to time but isn't the addict i am. Maybe she'll become an addict over time. I can only hope.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea I'm getting my wife more and more involved. Pretty much the same boat you're in. She doesn't hate it anymore lol. Actually she's picking up my hammer frag for me Thursday and I'll be bringing her with me this weekend to buy some coral. Maybe even have her pick one out (provided I can support it).
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My husband is the one who started out with the obsession, but he almost seemed to get bored of it after we got our 55 gallon stocked.... Then I took over all the water changes, re did the tank, got a 5 gallon tank, decorated it, got a betta... then bought a 46 gallon because I really want to do a planted tropical community tank.
He semi-supports me... He'll give me input and stuff, but he complains we are starting to run out of room in our apartment... Its a small two bedroom and we have our 55 gallon, a 40 gallon (bearded dragon) a 46 gallon bowfront, and a 5 gallon... Plus two cats and a toddler.

55 gallon, 46 gallon, 10 gallon, 5 gallon, 2.5 gallon
Talvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

My wife is getting more involved. She picked out the blood parrots in our 125 gallon and is getting excited to stock our 125 sw tank but isn't an addct yet. I do all maintanace. Im workin on her though lol
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hubby mentioned one day that he's always wanted fish. I thought it was an interesting concept as I love all creatures (except hairy moths).

So, while he researched and researched about which tank he wanted, I got a 30 gallon free on freecycle.org. Ended up setting up our tanks within a few weeks of each other and now I have three and he still has the one.

It's kinda nice being able to do water changes and related fish stuff together. We both get excited about a trip to our fave lfs. We're both fish people like we are dog people. I don't think I'd want to have this hobby without full support of my spouse.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com