Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

I just don't see this as a chronic problem, that's all. I have been to lots of other aquarium sites where posts languish for days without a single response, not even a flame, and that does not go on here. More often than not, posts get some response within minutes.

As a site matures, becomes more organized, gets a larger member base, you start to see trends based on the feedback you get. Here the concensus has been that "I have no idea" or "Yeah, what they said" posts are not appreciated.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:06 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

agreed (what she said )

Old 05-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

oh well, i think zillas wife is just trying to help! don't jump her for that. well yall have a good day, ya hear???
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not taking offense to anything said, and in fact, I'm a very impatient person myself. I think we have a pretty good turn around time...so it just annoys me when anyone gets critical about a post being un-answered for 20 minutes.

I can only speak for myself, but the first thing I try to do in the morning is look for posts with 0 replies. I do that throughout the day too, but at 8 am the 0 replies will be at their highest.

People also need to keep in mind that all the advisors have normal jobs, and that most of us are performing our advisor roles during normal work hours. I happen to be a computer tech, so when I'm not on the phone, I'm usually here. (this also explains why my posts are sometimes very short, or seem incomplete...I get interrupted mid-thought and just post what I was able to type...some calls last 2-3 hours)

Also, I'm not trying to single zilla/wife out as being anxious for a reply. I see it from lots of members, some new some old, many times a week. So please don't take offense...I wasn't trying to single you out.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ok ok enough of that topic. how many of you keeping fish and can still enjoy fishing. or vise verse. fishing got u into keeping fish
(TOPIC ABOVE IS DONE)
Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Zillia and lilfishette83, You woldnt happen to know eachother would you?

Also im not supprised that some of the advisors are posting here on this thread. Many of them spend over an hour a day on this site and have done so for a year or more. Some of them have spent significant more time here and they all try their best to respond to as many posts as they can and provide information as accurate as they feel they can offer. This is the same for many of the regular members aswell. Nearly every post will get a response within 24 hours and if a full day has elapsed and a poster hasnt gotten a response then they should feel free to 'bump' the post incase someone whom could help skipped over it. One thing that can often lead to a post not getting a response or even a look is the subject. Subjects that are vauge can often cause someone whom might know the answer to simply skip over it and move on to something else expecially if time is short.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i looked in the unanswered post and there are some that are from last month. done, thanks zilla870
let me repeat myself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok ok enough of that topic. how many of you keeping fish and can still enjoy fishing. or vise verse. fishing got u into keeping fish
(TOPIC ABOVE IS DONE)
Old 05-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
On the new topic I can say this.

I used to fish as a kid but do not any more simply because of the time factor and also I dont have a local fishing hole that I can go to with out buying a license. I still eat fish and have no problem doing so.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i can eat them but having a hard time going out a fish for them know how their skin is and chances of dying if you throw them back in if to small if you hooked their side instead of mouth.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Search of topics with no replys turns up.

Number of topics with no replys: 1952

Total number of topics on this site: 50060

Percentage of topics that have no replys to date: 3.89%

Not bad for a site that turns 3 years old in 10 days.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com