Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol thats 3.89 of unhappy people and add the fact of you get an unanswer post so you post again. oh hey they answer this one why didnt they answer the other one.
ok ok i need to stop. back to the new question. this subject need to stop its a great site i love it and just want people to get their question answer.

again
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok ok enough of that topic. how many of you keeping fish and can still enjoy fishing. or vise verse. fishing got u into keeping fish
(TOPIC ABOVE IS DONE)

Old 05-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Real quick comment-
Those posts might have been friviulous (sp?) posts or repeated posts that had been answered elsewhere

Other topic-
I don't like fishing... but i eat fish *nod*

Old 05-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #33
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Quote:
this subject need to stop
when you open a can of worms, you normally expect to use them for bait. I think you did just that and got a bigger response than what you wanted.

you also assumed that the 3.89% were unhappy people....maybe, maybe not, but for a site staffed wholly by volunteer hobbiests, I think that over 96% approval rating is pretty darn good.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i can take it but i want to keep get advice not have people look at my name with post and say oh that zilla nevermind. and get no help. i was just trying to say something i noticed. and everyone had to jump me. just like you are now. and i guess you all are blind to a little helpful criticium. so ones again
TO ALL ADVISOR END OF TOPIC JUST LOCK IT PLEASE.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I think that over 96% approval rating is pretty darn good.

In addition, some of the posts where no one answered could be timing, As FF said all the advisors have job's as well as their FREE work on this site. As for me if I see a post that I CAN'T help on, I don't post, if I see a post that I can't understand because the poster has bounced all over and not made a clear point as to their question I also pass over it. I am by no means an expert on fish but I have learned alot from this site and hopefully will be able to help someone in the future as I have been helped here.

On the other topic (hijacking your own thread ), I love to fish, don't have time but love to fish just the same. Love to eat them even more. I think I could eat my weight in flounder

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 05-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
I for one frown on posting in posts when I have nothing useful to add.
Agreed. you do realize that as of me typing this, AA has 8375 registered members. if even 1% of those people were posting in every thread saying "i don't know" it would get a little annoying. That would be 83 posts!!

Do you see how that could be a problem?

edit: oops, just realized this was 4 pages long! first time ive ever made that mistake. . ignore me!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

oh a 96% answer rate in 3 years, but who care if 3 something % get kick away.
like i said if people would read the whole post just trying to point out a small problem and all are going nuts.

Quote:
i guess you all are blind to a little helpful criticium. so ones again
TO ALL ADVISOR END OF TOPIC JUST LOCK IT PLEASE.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
If you look closly at the list of unanswered posts a fair number of them are posts in the classifieds or barter/trade forum. No replys means no one wants to buy or trade for what ever they are offering. In addition we have a duplicate posts forum that duplicate posts are placed into before they are perged. Finally there are many posts in the site news forum that are simple announcments that have zero replys. So 100% of that 3.89% are not posts where people are asking for help. That % is even smaller.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

No one has jumped you. I was simply explaining why I don't post sometimes, If I can't help, I can't help .

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hara, i think that you were just a little rude in your comment! i think that you should appoligize to zilla and his wife. they simply were trying to help, once again, this is aa and it is all about helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so if you are a advisor, you shouldn't be mouthing off to someone who wants to help you, should ya?????
well this is becoming a cat fight now isn't it??? why don't you just go try to help someone who wants your advice??? that is to hara!!!! hope yall have a great night yall, ya hear???? bye!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com