Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

off topic

yyyy

Old 05-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
Thanks for the headsup..

Im new here so the not answering a subject.. Ive only seen about 5..lol.. Ive said somthing in 2.. I have already been refuted. but that is to be expected.. hope things go well...

Old 05-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I don't think its rude to read posts without making a needless comment. Usually when I read a post, if I don't have something constructive to say, I don't say it. (this is not always the case but mostly) Sometimes I need the support and sympathy of the people here, and sometimes I need answers. I am glad that the people here can tell the difference and post accordingly.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm moving this to the lounge, since it's not fish related.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Often folks will post "yeah, I know what you mean" type posts and that gets irritating to someone who is looking for a real answer, so in general if I do not know or can't offer anything constructive I do not post at all. We get complaints when members seem to post a non-answer too often. If I see a post that has sat unanswered I will "bump" it to get it back to the top, but you should not bump your own posts more than once.

I'll move this over to The Lounge since it is, as indicated, off topic.

Edit: Beat me to it, Malkore!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

im sure if someone had advice to give that they would give it, i dont think anyones holding out. i really dont know too much about all the different species of fish, i just post what id like to find out, and what i know. i dont get upset if noone knows what im trying to find out.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

here is a example! andos99
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two female black mollies and three 6 week old fry in a 55 gal freshwater aquarium with a variety of other smaller fish all doing very well. However, one of my black mollies has a silver coloration around her gills and on her belly. As far as I know she's always had some silver on her (I've had her about two months) but it seems to be spreading. She appears to be healthy and eats like a molly should, but this silver on her has me concerned. Does she have some kind of disease, should I pull her out? Any insight would be great

am i right? salt bath would be best?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My firefish stays behind this one rock in my tank all day and has disbanded his usual eating habits. He kinda pulls himself along the bottom sometimes and hasnt been swimming around either for the past few days. My two clowns are fine and all water parameters are good. Is this just his time to go?? Thanks

this is in unanwsered post!! can anyone help him??? teenreefer
Old 05-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also, wait 24 hours before bumping your own post. It really irritates me when someone posts something, and then 5 mins later asks "what no one knows the answer?"
But my favorite is the 2:30 am post that gets bumped by the creator 5 times before 3:00am rolls around.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I for one frown on posting in posts when I have nothing useful to add. What good is someone simply posting "ya what they said" or "hm. no idea but im sure someone will come along and anwser". It does the person asking the question no good and it does the person posting the frivilous message no good except to increase a meaningless post count number. On some sites posting a ton of messages like that will earn you the title of spammer. If everyone responded to every message they ever looked at these forums would be useless and very hard to extract any meaningful information. If you had to sort thru 20+ replys until you got to one that acutally had some information in I think you would change your mind that everyone needs to post in every thread they visit.

Oh and not everyone has an opinon on everything.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com