Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2005, 08:43 PM   #41
kansaschick08

oooooooooooooooo boootyfull

Old 08-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw80
thanks! I had my hair done, I couldn't of had the patience for those braids AND to straighten my hair!
I have long hair, not as long as yours and to keep it straighter and less fly aways I use a hair gel then a slicking polish. The thicker polishes are better, some of the hair polishers out there are too thin a liquid to work. They come as a clear liquid in a bottle. I don't personally like the spray ones, I like the squeeze bottles. It really helps control the fly aways, you have to experiment a bit to see how much works for your hair type but I swear by it! JMO

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 08-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #43
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
wow! sounds promising, thanks!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #44
AA Team Emeritus

Here's the straightening iron I use, and where I bought it: http://www.folica.com/Solia_Professio_d1558.html

My old iron just pulled so bad and didn't straighten at all. This one that I bought is wonderful. It might be more expensive than the others, but it is really worth it if your hair is long. It doesn't pull your hair at all. The irons in the stores here were around $40 and I didn't think they would work any better than my old one, so why spend $40 on them, was my reasoning. I bought this one and it doesn't damage my hair at all, and is very quick and easy to use!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #45
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I have heard such good things about ceramic straightening irons!

Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
My only concern is do they dry the ends out and cause split ends? I always worry when heat is constantly appliued to ends that they will split.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM   #47
AA Team Emeritus

Yes, the difference between the old style of iron and the ceramic ones is night and day! If you push on the plates (gently, and with the plates cool, lol) you'll feel a slight "rocking" as the plates respond to pressure. The plates' surface is very smooth, and since they adjust with the pressure of you pulling, you really can't yank your hair with this iron!

Old 08-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #48
AA Team Emeritus

We were posting at the same time! This particular iron has an adjustable thermostat, from 140 degrees to 450 degrees, I think -- I never used it past 350 degrees. You could turn the heat down on your ends if you're worried about spit ends. It heats up in about 30 seconds! I don't use it every day. I dampen and freshen my bangs everyday, but I don't wash the whole length of my hair every day. Sometimes I put the thermostat on 350 degrees for a very straight look, or sometimes I put it on the cooler setting to just get the big waves out.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:48 AM   #49
AA Team Emeritus

Don't mean to hijack the thread - sorry! Lori, how long did the braids stay in?

Old 08-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #50
AA Team Emeritus

no hijacking, lol, this can become the fashion thread.

Oh, I took the braids out the second we got back to our room.

Closed Thread

Tags
die

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com