Ok ladies! Need fashion help! (men's opinions welcome too)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmw80 said:
thanks! I had my hair done, I couldn't of had the patience for those braids AND to straighten my hair!

I have long hair, not as long as yours and to keep it straighter and less fly aways I use a hair gel then a slicking polish. The thicker polishes are better, some of the hair polishers out there are too thin a liquid to work. They come as a clear liquid in a bottle. I don't personally like the spray ones, I like the squeeze bottles. It really helps control the fly aways, you have to experiment a bit to see how much works for your hair type but I swear by it! JMO

Here's the straightening iron I use, and where I bought it: http://www.folica.com/Solia_Professio_d1558.html

My old iron just pulled so bad and didn't straighten at all. This one that I bought is wonderful. It might be more expensive than the others, but it is really worth it if your hair is long. It doesn't pull your hair at all. The irons in the stores here were around $40 and I didn't think they would work any better than my old one, so why spend $40 on them, was my reasoning. I bought this one and it doesn't damage my hair at all, and is very quick and easy to use!

My only concern is do they dry the ends out and cause split ends? I always worry when heat is constantly appliued to ends that they will split.

Yes, the difference between the old style of iron and the ceramic ones is night and day! If you push on the plates (gently, and with the plates cool, lol) you'll feel a slight "rocking" as the plates respond to pressure. The plates' surface is very smooth, and since they adjust with the pressure of you pulling, you really can't yank your hair with this iron!

We were posting at the same time! This particular iron has an adjustable thermostat, from 140 degrees to 450 degrees, I think -- I never used it past 350 degrees. You could turn the heat down on your ends if you're worried about spit ends. It heats up in about 30 seconds! I don't use it every day. I dampen and freshen my bangs everyday, but I don't wash the whole length of my hair every day. Sometimes I put the thermostat on 350 degrees for a very straight look, or sometimes I put it on the cooler setting to just get the big waves out.

no hijacking, lol, this can become the fashion thread.

Oh, I took the braids out the second we got back to our room.

also, when i use a lot of heat products on my hair, I use heat protecting products like Thermosilk.

I used to French braid my hair, and it would last for a few days. I would braid it a lot in college summer school (a long time ago!!) so I didn't have to fuss with it too much. So I just wondered if you left yours in, Lori! I haven't braided mine in a long time. It makes your arms tired! :lol:

Zagz, you'll love the ceramic straighteners!

When I had my dance recitles in middle and high school, I would leave my french brain in all weekend so I didn't have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom