Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Ok ladies! Need fashion help! (men's opinions welcome too)

Ok, so I have my brother's wedding on the 20th of this month down in Florida. I am not very keen on my soon to be sister-in-law, but she doesn't beat him, so I have no right to say anything (in my opinion). So, since this means a lot to my brother and parents, I will try and get myself psyched/happy.

Here's what I need advice on:

1. Hair styles. I have very long (a tad past my waist-line) hair. It's naturally wavy and is brown on top and blond towards the bottom (stopped dying it) and am thinking of some sort of a half-updo...suggestions please.

2. Nails. My dress is all black except for 2 little decorative silver thingies on the spaghetti straps (one on each strap). Are there any alterrnatives to the french manicure that looks really nice (all I get are french manicures for special occasions and am tired of them).

Shoes are no problem...black sandals. The wedding will be on the beach in the evening.

Any and all suggestion please! I am not very fashion savvy, nor do I care to follow the latest trends, so I really have no idea! Thanks!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Why don't you get your hair trimmed and get rid of the blond?
For nails- light sheer pink.

Kim

Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have long hair too (mid back) and fairly curly. For my sisters wedding I just took the sides of my hair and had them held back by a pretty clip in the back.
The sheer pink is good on the nails. You can also get little jewels that you can put on the tips that fancy it up a bit.

The nails in the picture are a bit much, but you could do something much simpler.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd pull the sides back into a clip and have a few pieces haging on the sides. Keep it wavy, definately don't straighten it. I'd also cut off the blonde to give it a more even look, but being a woman, I know how attached we get to our hair. Either that or have the blonde taken back to your original color.

In regards to the nails, I'd also nix the french tip manicure. I'm still trying to grow mine out from April 29th. 8O You could just have a standard manicure, getting the cuticals taken care of, along with a nice trim look, then either have clear polish or a slight pinkish look (like what was suggested). Another option is a single layer of irridescent. I had that done a couple years ago and loved it. Then again, I couldn't replicate it again unless I went to a salon.

HTH

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 07-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
There are so many different things you can have done to your nails-- like what Meredith was showing you. I think you should get a solid, light pink color (with a slight shimmer) and get silver rinestones put on them.. in whatever design you want.

As for hair, as suggested, i would try and make your hair one solid color (by either cutting or getting the blonde taken out/dying it all darker) and so something lose with elegant clips

Old 07-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I probably should mention that I don't do pink, lol. Haven't since I was 13. So the sheer pink nail color is out, but I love the rhinestone idea! I will definitly have to try it!

The hair...cutting the blond off...out of the question....it's half my hair!! I just might dye it all one color as suggested.

Thanks again!

Old 07-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Maybe a dark, shiny red?? with rinestones and a black outfit that would look killer =oP

Or maybe not even a dark red, since its summer.. a cherry red would look more "in season"

Old 07-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

You could always buff your nails to give them a natural shine. I just chopped off my hair--try it (it will grow back)

Old 07-10-2005, 02:39 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menagerie
I just chopped off my hair--try it (it will grow back)
NEVER!

Old 07-10-2005, 02:48 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

It will grow back. Just imagine the shock your family will have and all the complements. People always complement a new hair cut.

Closed Thread

Tags
die

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com