Okay, believer it no believer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm curious! Do you believe in Megolodon or not? State your reason for believing or not. Please, no arguing. I just want open perspective.

Not saying that I do but we have only discovered 13% if the ocean mabye a little more not really sure. I know that there are other things out there, and sciences recently discovered an ancient fish from the dinosaur age, so I think it's a probability

Not saying that I do but we have only discovered 13% if the ocean mabye a little more not really sure. I know that there are other things out there, and sciences recently discovered an ancient fish from the dinosaur age, so I think it's a probability

+1

I agree, it's just a few things that make me ponder. I HIGHLY doubt it's asexual, so I know it needs mates. If it gets big, then it has a long lifespan. Just a few different things make me wonder.

Yea, I think it's a very good possibility, I mean, look at the coelacanth! It was supposed to be extinct 65 million years ago!, or at the giant oar fish, thought to be extinct, or the giant squid!, the megamouth shark, the frilled shark,or the pigmy whale, which was thought to have gone extinct 2 million years ago( same time megalodon went extinct) was re discovered in 2012, and by the way, that was megalodon's prey

Yea, I think it's a very good possibility, I mean, look at the coelacanth! It was supposed to be extinct 65 million years ago!, or at the giant oar fish, thought to be extinct, or the giant squid!, the megamouth shark, the frilled shark,or the pigmy whale, which was thought to have gone extinct 2 million years ago( same time megalodon went extinct) was re discovered in 2012, and by the way, that was megalodon's prey

Well, if it does exist and that was one on the show, it obviously lives at 6500+ feet of depth in the ocean.

The depths of the ocean harbor so many species that we can't even begin to imagine. If we happen to encounter any of them, it's because they came up for air xD

The depths of the ocean harbor so many species that we can't even begin to imagine. If we happen to encounter any of them, it's because they came up for air xD

I agree, which one thing I like to compare the ocean to is our brain. I think it's cool how God set everything up! ( I don't want to debate religion so please nobody go there) We on average use 10% of our brain and that's roughly how much of the ocean has been discovered.

I think it's cool how God set everything up! ( I don't want to debate religion so please nobody go there)

Lmao before I read the parentheses I was about to go HAM on a rebuttal to your god statement. Haha but yes I agree with your non religious conclusion

I don't really think its a matter of belief or not. If we find evidence of them being alive, then so be it. As of right now science has only given us enough to assume they are long extinct. Does that mean they are? No, it just means we have no hard evidence yet to prove otherwise.

It seems like the megalodon has taken on a cryptzoological flair similar to Bigfoot, Nessie, and the rest. It makes for good TV but I prefer watching the stuff like the japanese biologists that went after the giant squid.

Lmao before I read the parentheses I was about to go HAM on a rebuttal to your god statement. Haha but yes I agree with your non religious conclusion

Haha! Thank you for the respect. I'm not a Bible pusher so I like to at least get some respect myself. I try to be fairly open minded.

I don't really think its a matter of belief or not. If we find evidence of them being alive, then so be it. As of right now science has only given us enough to assume they are long extinct. Does that mean they are? No, it just means we have no hard evidence yet to prove otherwise.

It seems like the megalodon has taken on a cryptzoological flair similar to Bigfoot, Nessie, and the rest. It makes for good TV but I prefer watching the stuff like the japanese biologists that went after the giant squid.

Yes that was an excellent program as well, really enjoyed the squid search. I never realized how aggressive squid are, those attacks were quite scary.

I totally agree! I find it hard to believe we've been chasing Bigfoot and still have no hard evidence. Megolodon existed once, we know for sure. So, no reason it couldn't exist still. Just will have to continue searching!

Yes that was an excellent program as well, really enjoyed the squid search. I never realized how aggressive squid are, those attacks were quite scary.

I watched it as well. It was a great documentary! How things live with that much of pressure on them is amazing!

Haha! Thank you for the respect. I'm not a Bible pusher so I like to at least get some respect myself. I try to be fairly open minded.

I hear ya, went to catholic school and attended mass every week my ENTIRE childhood and adolescence. Drives my mother insane that I practically ignore it all now. Currently reading "The God Delusion." Interesting read, and like you, keeping an open mind. Sorry to thread jack! Back to sharks!

I hear ya, went to catholic school and attended mass every week my ENTIRE childhood and adolescence. Drives my mother insane that I practically ignore it all now. Currently reading "The God Delusion." Interesting read, and like you, keeping an open mind. Sorry to thread jack! Back to sharks!

No worries, friend! It's hard to be open minded. But yeah, back to sharks! Haha!

Are you still watching? That boat attack was pretty scary, I didn't realize which video clip it was, I thought he was going to pull up a jellyfish after all that fight haha. But on a serious note those poor people, I doubt it was a megalodon attack though. Like they said, they were in a whale mating zone. You barge in on me during a sexual episode and you bet your buns I'm gonna do more than shove you lol.

Are you still watching? That boat attack was pretty scary, I didn't realize which video clip it was, I thought he was going to pull up a jellyfish after all that fight haha. But on a serious note those poor people, I doubt it was a megalodon attack though. Like they said, they were in a whale mating zone. You barge in on me during a sexual episode and you bet your buns I'm gonna do more than shove you lol.

Hahaha! Yeah, I'm not so sure about the attack or how the footage looks so amazing after resting hundreds of feet on the ocean floor. As far as the boat being turn apart, could have been a rock. I also find it hard to believe that a man hooked a shark and fought with it for two hours if its suppose to be the size of a school bus.

Hahaha! Yeah, I'm not so sure about the attack or how the footage looks so amazing after resting hundreds of feet on the ocean floor. As far as the boat being turn apart, could have been a rock. I also find it hard to believe that a man hooked a shark and fought with it for two hours if its suppose to be the size of a school bus.

Oh I totally agree, he should have been in the water right as he hooked it. I doubt that's what was on the line, but he could have def hooked a shark. That underwater footage was crazy! Whatever that was it was HUGE!

Oh I totally agree, he should have been in the water right as he hooked it. I doubt that's what was on the line, but he could have def hooked a shark. That underwater footage was crazy! Whatever that was it was HUGE!

Most defiantly! I wonder if it was a larger Great White. They have one that is tagged and been alive for around 25 years. Maybe there is a few larger than great whites out there.

Hah lol, that's too good, I can't stop laughing!
You know what, it could be true, I mean, look at the giant squid, it was shown in paintings that they can sink ships, now look at what we found, the colossal squid! Fighting sperm whales!
I really doubt that the colossal squid is the largest squid down there, have you guys seen the long armed squid!( sorry for the squid thing just thought it would be interesting) I think the colossal squid could have been the only capable of standing up to megalodon
This is the long armed squid, might have scared megalodon away lol, it scares me!
img_2595555_0_97f2f5bac2f127230214b3d471c23741.jpg
img_2595555_1_ca755b06566d6f8447f343d670738d22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom