Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 848
Okay, believer it no believer?

I'm curious! Do you believe in Megolodon or not? State your reason for believing or not. Please, no arguing. I just want open perspective.
__________________

__________________
KPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Not saying that I do but we have only discovered 13% if the ocean mabye a little more not really sure. I know that there are other things out there, and sciences recently discovered an ancient fish from the dinosaur age, so I think it's a probability
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Not saying that I do but we have only discovered 13% if the ocean mabye a little more not really sure. I know that there are other things out there, and sciences recently discovered an ancient fish from the dinosaur age, so I think it's a probability
+1

I agree, it's just a few things that make me ponder. I HIGHLY doubt it's asexual, so I know it needs mates. If it gets big, then it has a long lifespan. Just a few different things make me wonder.
__________________
KPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Yea, I think it's a very good possibility, I mean, look at the coelacanth! It was supposed to be extinct 65 million years ago!, or at the giant oar fish, thought to be extinct, or the giant squid!, the megamouth shark, the frilled shark,or the pigmy whale, which was thought to have gone extinct 2 million years ago( same time megalodon went extinct) was re discovered in 2012, and by the way, that was megalodon's prey
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
Yea, I think it's a very good possibility, I mean, look at the coelacanth! It was supposed to be extinct 65 million years ago!, or at the giant oar fish, thought to be extinct, or the giant squid!, the megamouth shark, the frilled shark,or the pigmy whale, which was thought to have gone extinct 2 million years ago( same time megalodon went extinct) was re discovered in 2012, and by the way, that was megalodon's prey
Well, if it does exist and that was one on the show, it obviously lives at 6500+ feet of depth in the ocean.
__________________
KPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bshenanagins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,583
The depths of the ocean harbor so many species that we can't even begin to imagine. If we happen to encounter any of them, it's because they came up for air xD
__________________
bshenanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshenanagins View Post
The depths of the ocean harbor so many species that we can't even begin to imagine. If we happen to encounter any of them, it's because they came up for air xD
I agree, which one thing I like to compare the ocean to is our brain. I think it's cool how God set everything up! ( I don't want to debate religion so please nobody go there) We on average use 10% of our brain and that's roughly how much of the ocean has been discovered.
__________________
KPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bshenanagins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPhilly View Post

I think it's cool how God set everything up! ( I don't want to debate religion so please nobody go there)
Lmao before I read the parentheses I was about to go HAM on a rebuttal to your god statement. Haha but yes I agree with your non religious conclusion
__________________
bshenanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #9
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
I don't really think its a matter of belief or not. If we find evidence of them being alive, then so be it. As of right now science has only given us enough to assume they are long extinct. Does that mean they are? No, it just means we have no hard evidence yet to prove otherwise.

It seems like the megalodon has taken on a cryptzoological flair similar to Bigfoot, Nessie, and the rest. It makes for good TV but I prefer watching the stuff like the japanese biologists that went after the giant squid.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshenanagins View Post

Lmao before I read the parentheses I was about to go HAM on a rebuttal to your god statement. Haha but yes I agree with your non religious conclusion
Haha! Thank you for the respect. I'm not a Bible pusher so I like to at least get some respect myself. I try to be fairly open minded.
__________________

__________________
KPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.