Old fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
There is a shop near me that has on display the owner's giant gourami. He or she is like two feet long (maybe more) and has got to be years old. I am beyond envious. I wish I have been in this hobby long enough to already have had a fish for years, but I hope the ones I have stick around for a long time <3 The oldest I have is probably around two and that's not saying much compared to other peoples' pets.

Anyway, anyone have any fish that have lived for awhile thus far? Or any previous fishie pets that have passed on? I would love to hear some stories!

this is a story about my loach....

i bought him and another loach to go into my 16 gal tank.

his brother died because of ick

the rest of the tank followed suit

but my little trooper loach kept well.

a month or so later i re stocked with black skirt teteras, lyretail mollys , and 2 more loaches

my little trooper dwarfed the other loaches

who later died because of a still unknown reason along with the rest of my tank

a month later we restocked with the same

my mollys died off one by one

my teteras went from 5 to 3

my loach prevailed

and ever since a few days after last christmas

that is how my tank has been

and still my loach lives

the crazy loach

who dances on the side of my tank to amuse me

who still lives today

lol sorry for typing it like that lol just got bored

Bubbles0oO said:
this is a story about my loach....

i bought him and another loach to go into my 16 gal tank.

his brother died because of ick

the rest of the tank followed suit

but my little trooper loach kept well.

a month or so later i re stocked with black skirt teteras, lyretail mollys , and 2 more loaches

my little trooper dwarfed the other loaches

who later died because of a still unknown reason along with the rest of my tank

a month later we restocked with the same

my mollys died off one by one

my teteras went from 5 to 3

my loach prevailed

and ever since a few days after last christmas

that is how my tank has been

and still my loach lives

the crazy loach

who dances on the side of my tank to amuse me

who still lives today

lol sorry for typing it like that lol just got bored

Made it very dramatic to read, a true story. Well said. I have the same story about some goldies I have had for years. Hes the oldest and only one living

yea, nowadays i go to the LFS i got him from and thay are 1/3 his size i bought him at ( 3 in and verryyy skinny) he is now 4 inches (ish) and fatter than my dog

My oldest are for now my Red Tailed Shark and my Amano Shrimp, and they both year and a half old!
They both came as my first fishes, survived fish-in cycling (first tank ever), three home-moving events and - recently - a sky-rocketing nitrates. I love them to bits :D

I had a Betta 'old mate'. He was 5 when he died a few months back. He don't always live with me. He lived in a 1g vase at my mums place until my sister left home and I got him. I had him for about a year and a half (in a heated tank). I have 3 goldfish who are about 3 years old but I only adopted them a few month back. All my other fish are only 1-2 years old.

Mumma.of.two said:
I had a Betta 'old mate'. He was 5 when he died a few months back. He don't always live with me. He lived in a 1g vase at my mums place until my sister left home and I got him. I had him for about a year and a half (in a heated tank). I have 3 goldfish who are about 3 years old but I only adopted them a few month back. All my other fish are only 1-2 years old.

Momma got style now! Love the new pic! :)

Ditto with the betta I had FishStick for about 5 years in a heated gal bowl(before I knew too much about fish).
He lived at my moms work, he was huge! But something happened and the bowl got knocked over during the night. :(

Have a tatooed pearl gourami that was a rescue three years ago. He is bigger than a dinner plate, and was when I got him. No idea how that makes him, but I assume he's pretty old.

I have a Goyder River rainbow that is over 10 years old. Had 3 of them but lost 2 in the last few months. I also have a Boesmani that is the same age. I have 5 Clown loaches that are 8 yrs old. The next oldest fish I have is probably about 6-7 years old. It is a Psuedoincincis rainbow. The rest of my bows are much younger.

Wow. I had no clue rainbows lived that long. Good to know!

And all the rescues are great! I just cannot believe someone would tattoo a pearl gourami. They are so pretty on their own... But, it's a good thing you got a hold of him.

A friend of mine who breeds rainbows has some Herbertaxelrodi that are almost15 yrs old and still breeding. Thats incredible.

I have a gold fish 8 years old going on 9. My reed fish is about 5 to 6.

Back
Top Bottom