Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-04-2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Oldest fish you have?

Just for fun, what is the oldest fish you have, or have ever had?

Fresh or salt, I don't care.

Mine is an upside down catfish, around 9 years old. The most boring fish in the entire universe. sometimes I have to poke him outta his cave to make sure he ain't dead!

Otherwise I don't think I've had anything live past 4-5 years.

Fish only, inverts do not count on this thread, just because I said so. :P
Old 02-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
LOL, right this minute I have a snowflake moray eel that has been around for the last 4-5 years, I've had it a couple ...but I new the people that had it before me. I inherited the fish and the tank it came in. In the past...I had a sailfin tang for 6 years before I broke down the 150 and sold everything that was in it. For FW, I've got a pair of Jaguar cichlids that I've had for about 4 years, they are still going strong and plan on having them another 4-5 years...unless I convert that tank t SW

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 02-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to Grant R
At the moment, my Pearl and Gold Gourami are going strong, had them since I added fish to my tank.

Mine is an upside down catfish, around 9 years old. The most boring fish in the entire universe
Tell me about it. If you can catch them at night going about their business, it makes great viewing though !
45 Gallon FreshWater Community Tank
11.1 Gallon Quarantine / Breeder Tank
Don't Forget The UK & Ireland Forums !http://www.proudtobebritish.co.uk/ea...ropics/eng.gif
Old 02-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well ours WAS a believe it or not a 7 cent feeder goldfish that we had bought for our son when he was about 3, the fish kept getting bigger and bigger and ended up in a 29 gallon and even that was too small for it until it died after living close to 5 years and my husband said when he disposed of it, it was the width of a ziploc bag, it was a beautiful white goldfish who my son called Pearl couldn't believe how long it lived. So 5 years I guess.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
Bump this up, keep 'em coming folks!

Pond fish count too!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:41 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via ICQ to tyler Send a message via MSN to tyler
i had an albino cory cat for two years. sadly she and her mate (year old) died when i started messing around with co2. now my oldest fish is my puffer (six months)
Old 02-04-2003, 11:24 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
I think I have had my blue damsel for about 3 years. He has seen 3 tanks since I got him too. Hardy little bugger.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via ICQ to Thaiboxer
I've had my zebra danios for about 3 months... but I'm still pretty new to this

Growing up I had three goldfish... they lived like 9 years! (But now, what I think really happened is every time one died my parents would quickly dispose of it and one would distract me while the other ran to the fish store...)
Old 02-06-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
LOL well that was nice of your parents, I wish we could have done that with our son but it would have been impossible to replace that goldfish
Old 02-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
I had one Bala Shark live 12 years, another live 10 and the third 9. The 9 year old jumped out of the tank (knocking the plastic lid up in the process) and died overnight. The 10 year old was stressed his entire life, and the 12 year old just got old. They were each about 12-14 inches.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com