Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

OMW!! What is this madness? It has taken over!!

This reminds me of how my in wall 75 gallon got installed.

On Christmas morning, the kids got a wii u. We took it to the basement to hook up to our 14 year old rear projection HDTV. Well, once the tv was turned on, the picture was all messed up. No amount picture timing or TV set resetting was fixing it.

The wife and I decided then that when my work bonus check came in, we would get a new led tv. But the condition was that she gets a good entertainment center for it with lots of shelves for books and the kids games. Not a problem. The bonus should cover both.

Well when looking at the wall this entertainment center would go against, we realized that new carpet was needed since our basement wasn't completely finished. Everything was done except for carpet and we were using remnant carpet from a neighbor. So on top of a new tv, a new entertainment center, we were getting anew carpet.

An estimator for the carpet came to give us a quote and he said they can move all furniture except for my 55 gallon tank (which was on a temporary stand and location). I decided that I was moving my tank just once.

That's how the 75 gallon in wall tank came to be. I cut a hole in the wall for a 55 but then I decided I wanted to go slightly larger.

So my in wall tank with a diy sump was the result of a broken tv.

Sorry for the long post and hijack.

t4runnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4runnr View Post
This reminds me of how my in wall 75 gallon got installed.

On Christmas morning, the kids got a wii u. We took it to the basement to hook up to our 14 year old rear projection HDTV. Well, once the tv was turned on, the picture was all messed up. No amount picture timing or TV set resetting was fixing it.

The wife and I decided then that when my work bonus check came in, we would get a new led tv. But the condition was that she gets a good entertainment center for it with lots of shelves for books and the kids games. Not a problem. The bonus should cover both.

Well when looking at the wall this entertainment center would go against, we realized that new carpet was needed since our basement wasn't completely finished. Everything was done except for carpet and we were using remnant carpet from a neighbor. So on top of a new tv, a new entertainment center, we were getting anew carpet.

An estimator for the carpet came to give us a quote and he said they can move all furniture except for my 55 gallon tank (which was on a temporary stand and location). I decided that I was moving my tank just once.

That's how the 75 gallon in wall tank came to be. I cut a hole in the wall for a 55 but then I decided I wanted to go slightly larger.

So my in wall tank with a diy sump was the result of a broken tv.

Sorry for the long post and hijack.
That's quality!
My fish house (The Mk II) is the result of a small door?

I moved house, property A (fish room 1), the tank was built here and designed to exit the address, property B. No plans were made, the big tank didn't fit into the new building so I was "forced" to build a complete "shed" outside to accommodate my big tank or get rid of my already downsized collection of fish. (I didn't want to lose any when I moved but keeping them all would have been impossible, I downsized, which was tough. (I still miss some of my old fish))

Getting rid of more fish, absolutely out of the question.

So I started off by sawing the patio in half and digging a hole, it was filled with reinforced concrete, then we built some walls and a roof, found a BIG door, added a water supply and electric a sink/waste water to sewer, and some shelving a nice fan and a heater, then I put a tank in it (it's big, it took two people some serious effort to move it), now there are a few tanks running!
(I have plans for more)

All because of a small door?

J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Great story!! I love when a plan works out...!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com