OMW!! What is this madness? It has taken over!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keke89

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so my hubby loves the fact that I love my fishes. I have spoken to him about upgrading to bigger tank... 80 gallons ( 300 liters).

Here is where the madness part comes in. We live in a very small house. Living room not very big.

Now we will have to sell our old furniture, buy new furniture just so that the tank will fit in our living room. I do not want it placed anywhere else.

We laughed after the while discussion?. It's actually soo crazy!!!

He is soo supportive.

Has this taken over your life as well?

O yes. I'm finishing up on my new sink in the basement wall just for are fish tanks!

I have a large lounge room at the moment. It has two running tanks, plus a third running tank in the kitchen and a cycled tank ready for a Betta i have to pick out. The loungeroom will have 2 more running tanks soon. Thats my floor space used up in 2 rooms. I have to get more power points if i want extra tanks in the loungeroom. I haven't had to remove or sell any furniture to put them in yet but i may need to swap for a shorter lounge when i find a 4x2x2 foot tank (i hate the 4seater that is in use now anyway). I have a 3 foot tank going into my bedroom when i finish making a sump for it. I got the stand 98% finished today, just shelves and braces to finish it.

So in answer you your question your madness is a variant to MTS (multi tank syndrome), you seem to have LTS (large tank syndrome). I have both i guess. Plans are hovering for a portable pond so the madness will extend outside for me.

Omw alan79!! You just cracked me up, love it!!!!!

Suddenly I do not feel alone☺️

I would have been like you guys but my kids reasoned with me. I was going to use our new 30yr old tank and repurpose a sturdy table for a 12 gallon and buy a stand for the 29 gallon. The kids brainstormed and showed me how I would have room for both tanks on the old stand and then just sell the big tank. At 62, their not wanting me to have a big tank made a lot of sense.

However, I did buy a kitchen cart for one of the current holding tanks, but it worked so good for my mom's necessities that I left the holding tanks on the kitchen counter. ( hard doing dishes. LOL)

If I was younger, I'd be doing exactly like you guys.

I currently have only a 55G. I got a 30 for $free.99 but when cleaning it I found a huge chunk of glass missing right above the bottom rim on a corner-so it is gone now. I also live in a one bedroom apt right now. But in a couple months I'll be moving to a new 3 bedroom home! And the masses will come lol my next will hopefully be a 30 breeder

An 80g sounds fabulous! I d def do the furniture swap, you ll spend hours gazing at your tank but I bet you almost never gaze adoringly at your furniture !
I started with 1 50g. Now have 3 50g set up & an empty 75g in the garage (dangerous). All given to me for free, with stands.
I say, go for it.

Oh the pain of that 75 sitting there :,(
I could probably name 100 reasons why a larger tank is better than larger furniture lol

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
(Biased opinion of a fruit cake)

The best piece of furniture is a big tank!

Besides you won't have one tank, you'll have two! Work out where the 2nd one is going and you're living the dream!

I have lots of tanks, some full some empty, still I need more!

More space=more fish.

(Hurry up Alan and fill them tanks!) <with fish!

This reminds me of how my in wall 75 gallon got installed.

On Christmas morning, the kids got a wii u. We took it to the basement to hook up to our 14 year old rear projection HDTV. Well, once the tv was turned on, the picture was all messed up. No amount picture timing or TV set resetting was fixing it.

The wife and I decided then that when my work bonus check came in, we would get a new led tv. But the condition was that she gets a good entertainment center for it with lots of shelves for books and the kids games. Not a problem. The bonus should cover both.

Well when looking at the wall this entertainment center would go against, we realized that new carpet was needed since our basement wasn't completely finished. Everything was done except for carpet and we were using remnant carpet from a neighbor. So on top of a new tv, a new entertainment center, we were getting anew carpet.

An estimator for the carpet came to give us a quote and he said they can move all furniture except for my 55 gallon tank (which was on a temporary stand and location). I decided that I was moving my tank just once.

That's how the 75 gallon in wall tank came to be. I cut a hole in the wall for a 55 but then I decided I wanted to go slightly larger.

So my in wall tank with a diy sump was the result of a broken tv.

Sorry for the long post and hijack.

This reminds me of how my in wall 75 gallon got installed.

On Christmas morning, the kids got a wii u. We took it to the basement to hook up to our 14 year old rear projection HDTV. Well, once the tv was turned on, the picture was all messed up. No amount picture timing or TV set resetting was fixing it.

The wife and I decided then that when my work bonus check came in, we would get a new led tv. But the condition was that she gets a good entertainment center for it with lots of shelves for books and the kids games. Not a problem. The bonus should cover both.

Well when looking at the wall this entertainment center would go against, we realized that new carpet was needed since our basement wasn't completely finished. Everything was done except for carpet and we were using remnant carpet from a neighbor. So on top of a new tv, a new entertainment center, we were getting anew carpet.

An estimator for the carpet came to give us a quote and he said they can move all furniture except for my 55 gallon tank (which was on a temporary stand and location). I decided that I was moving my tank just once.

That's how the 75 gallon in wall tank came to be. I cut a hole in the wall for a 55 but then I decided I wanted to go slightly larger.

So my in wall tank with a diy sump was the result of a broken tv.

Sorry for the long post and hijack.

That's quality!(y)
My fish house (The Mk II) is the result of a small door?

I moved house, property A (fish room 1), the tank was built here and designed to exit the address, property B. No plans were made, the big tank didn't fit into the new building so I was "forced" to build a complete "shed" outside to accommodate my big tank or get rid of my already downsized collection of fish. (I didn't want to lose any when I moved but keeping them all would have been impossible, I downsized, which was tough. (I still miss some of my old fish))

Getting rid of more fish, absolutely out of the question.

So I started off by sawing the patio in half and digging a hole, it was filled with reinforced concrete, then we built some walls and a roof, found a BIG door, added a water supply and electric a sink/waste water to sewer, and some shelving a nice fan and a heater, then I put a tank in it (it's big, it took two people some serious effort to move it), now there are a few tanks running!
(I have plans for more)

All because of a small door?

Back
Top Bottom