Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

My biggest problem is I make lists in my mind and if I don't write them down, I will forget and I get anxious that I will forget. So, last night I found myself writing things I didn't want to forget then wondering if I had certain paper for my scrapbook/guest book. Then I started playing free cell and the next thing I knew, it was 3 am. Luckily Trevor didn't drag me out of bed this morning and reset the alarm for 10. He must have seen the mess of books and papers I had gone through last night Plus, I know I woke him up when closing the door on my way back to bed
I am missing out on exercise and need to get back into it, but every night it has been storming (I just remembered, I had a dream about tornadoes and my wedding--that's what I get for watching the weather channel!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
You don't need beauty sleep, you are already beautiful.
Thanks, that helped this morning--after looking at my red, puffy eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawmutt
If you are having a DJ at the reception, burn a copy of your songs (bride-groom's first dance, etc.) on a CD and give it to someone trustworthy. Our DJ forgot the CD and we had to pick "our song" on the spot.
My mom just told me that the guitarist she had playing at her wedding never learned her song and played, "Bridge Over Troubled Waters." That may explain a lot about my parents short marriage!
The DJ I choose is basically burning all the songs onto a few CDs from a list I will be providing. I will bring a back up just in case (something else to write down!).

Thanks everybody!!

Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You need to smile and relax because with the help of your family everything will be peachy keen!

Old 07-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks sis

BTW, I love your sig!!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Last night was much better. Trevor and I were going through our CDs trying to find songs for various dances--both fast and slow. We were dancing and that provided all the exercise I needed, plus the fact that I did not sleep much the night before--when I hit the pillow, I was out for the night!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
Good to hear!

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 07-24-2004, 11:55 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't know why you are so worried... Everything is going to be fine and beeeeeautiful!
If you guys don't live together yet, you will find out how wonderful it is to wake up side by side, or how hard it is to sleep with someone moving around beside you... !

I remember when I got married, four months after my 21st birthday
It was the most wonderful thing, because it was just before winter and I really appreciated having a warm body beside me to snick my cold feet on...

Relax, let your mom, sis and significant others take care of everything! It is YOUR day, so you don't worry!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I don't know why you are so worried
More like anxiety. I know things will work out in the end, but here I am in Calgary, the wedding takes place on LI and a week later we're doing a reception in the Seattle area for my fiancé’s family. On top of that, my mom changed jobs, moved into a new house and now is remodeling She's pretty much spent at the end of everyday. One sister is in Phoenix and BB has her own life, but is helping as much as she can. Plus I am a self-admitted control freak that likes things done "My way" and feel kind of left out (if that makes sense). My fiancé and I have been living together for two years and we're just reading to exchange rings and a kiss and then live "happily ever after."

Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank Girl, as amuzing as that story is, she doesn't need to hear that sort of thing until after the wedding... Well, at least at a moment she isn't already stressed... Unfortunately it seems weddings are always a little stressful. My wife and I had a JP in my mom's house, only let a few people attend the actual ceremony so of course that caused problems... it was supposed to be simple... The JP was getting frustrated so I called my soon to be wife and she was crying... She was ready but the rest of her family was taking their time... There's pleanty more details but I'll leave them out...
Menagerie, just try to remember what it's all about and how much more important that is than all the details... it will all work out. IF anything does go wrong, you'll laugh about it someday... For now, on sleepless nights... feel free to post all your worries here or start a journal in a book or in a file on your pc(personally I think I can type faster than I can write...)... Just get all those feelings and worries out of your system and then find something relaxing to do... Personally I try to read or do a crossword puzzle... Or watch some low intelligence type tv shows... Basically I focus a little bit of brainpower on something unimportant, and sometimes funny helps, and before you know it you aren't thinking of the stressful stuff... Some sleepy time tea might help or maybe a HUGE serving of Turkey... Another thing that might work is talking Trevor into giving you a nice long back rub...
Old 07-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
maybe a HUGE serving of Turkey
Then worry I'm not going to fit in my dress?!?!?
Quote:
Another thing that might work is talking Trevor into giving you a nice long back rub...
Now, THAT'S a good idea

Old 07-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just make sure you keep your journal because when you look back. You can remember the nervousness and butterflies and smile

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com