Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-21-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
One more month!!

It's 1:18 am and I cannot sleep. I realized that Trevor and I will be getting married in one month. I know it will happen, but there is so much to do! I should sleep, and believe me, I tried, but my mind is racing and here I am

Old 07-21-2004, 03:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sleep? Overrated

Old 07-21-2004, 03:44 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
How am I supposed to get my "beauty sleep" so I can be "beautiful" for the wedding if I can't sleep???

Old 07-21-2004, 05:49 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
You don't need beauty sleep, you are already beautiful.

I fell asleep fine....but I woke up at 4:30 and can't fall back asleep.
Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
You don't need beauty sleep, you are already beautiful.
AWWWW...isn't that sweet

I remember the weeks coming up to my wedding as more of a blur than anything. Just remember: 1. have plan A, B and C ready, and 2. If you are having a DJ at the reception, burn a copy of your songs (bride-groom's first dance, etc.) on a CD and give it to someone trustworthy. Our DJ forgot the CD and we had to pick "our song" on the spot.

Oh, and 3. relax! It will be perfect no matter what happens.
~Mike Shaw
Shawmutt.com. Blogs and Pictures of the Massively Multiplayer Offline game, Real Life.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just keep telling yourself it'll all get done, it always does. Try chamomile tea before bed, that's supposed to relax you and help you sleep.

Hang in there, and try to enjoy the preparations instead of stressing out over them. You want to enjoy your wedding day, not have it be a blur that you can't remember. Yeah, easier said than done, I know. It'll be beautiful, and so will you.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. Ok, this is kinda wierd but I stumbled on it by acciendent and it helps me get to sleep. Right before you get into bed, march in place for about 10 minutes, about how long it takes your body to start to sweat to cool itself down (assuming you are in a comfortably cool room). This seems to burn off some of those chemicals released by stress and relax me. I always heard that exercise right before bed would keep you up but one night I was trying to get more steps on my pedometer for the day so I did this. I was suprised by how easily I fell asleep. It's even worked when I've woken up anxious in the middle of the night. Might not work for some people but hopefully might help you. Congratulations on your coming nuptials! Try to remember it's only one day. I hardly remember my wedding day because I was so keyed up
My Tanks
Old 07-21-2004, 08:07 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus
This is so exciting, Menagerie!

It has been almost 14 years but I still remember the day so well - we were married at a bed and breakfast, and the wedding party stayed there the night before, so we were all there ahead of time. Wedding day everyone took their showers and got ready first so I could take my time and my sisters could help me. Well, old house, tiny water heater, no hot water for the bride! This is February, and it was about 22 degrees outside, so to say I was livid was an understatement, but now it is just an amusing story we love to tell! It all worked out fine, wedding went of great and I hardly remember the glitches (there will be glitches ).

I know everything will work out, and you and Trevor will have your wonderful day - Congratulations!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Congratulations Menagerie!!!

I myself couldn't sleep last night and found myself on here

If I can't sleep before bed, I do push-ups, or sit-ups. Enough to wear your body out a little bit. Then, I read some. Works sometimes, most of the time.

Anyways, I'm not married, and don't plan to be atleast for a few more years, so all I can say is good luck! It will go fine!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
I am so excited for you.. No matter what it will be an exciting day!!! And this month is going to go very very fast!!!

58 gallon Community Planted - 4 boesmani / 1 praecox rainbow, 3 giant danios, 1 clown / 1 albino pl*co, 1 bronze / 2 albino cories, cherry barbs, sunset platy's, cardinal tetras

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com