One more month!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's 1:18 am and I cannot sleep. I realized that Trevor and I will be getting married in one month. I know it will happen, but there is so much to do! I should sleep, and believe me, I tried, but my mind is racing and here I am :roll:

How am I supposed to get my "beauty sleep" so I can be "beautiful" for the wedding if I can't sleep???

You don't need beauty sleep, you are already beautiful.

I fell asleep fine....but I woke up at 4:30 and can't fall back asleep.

AWWWW...isn't that sweet :oops:

I remember the weeks coming up to my wedding as more of a blur than anything. Just remember: 1. have plan A, B and C ready, and 2. If you are having a DJ at the reception, burn a copy of your songs (bride-groom's first dance, etc.) on a CD and give it to someone trustworthy. Our DJ forgot the CD and we had to pick "our song" on the spot.

Oh, and 3. relax! It will be perfect no matter what happens.

Just keep telling yourself it'll all get done, it always does. Try chamomile tea before bed, that's supposed to relax you and help you sleep.

Hang in there, and try to enjoy the preparations instead of stressing out over them. You want to enjoy your wedding day, not have it be a blur that you can't remember. Yeah, easier said than done, I know. It'll be beautiful, and so will you. :D

Hello. Ok, this is kinda wierd but I stumbled on it by acciendent and it helps me get to sleep. Right before you get into bed, march in place for about 10 minutes, about how long it takes your body to start to sweat to cool itself down (assuming you are in a comfortably cool room). This seems to burn off some of those chemicals released by stress and relax me. I always heard that exercise right before bed would keep you up but one night I was trying to get more steps on my pedometer for the day so I did this. I was suprised by how easily I fell asleep. It's even worked when I've woken up anxious in the middle of the night. Might not work for some people but hopefully might help you. Congratulations on your coming nuptials! Try to remember it's only one day. I hardly remember my wedding day because I was so keyed up :roll:

This is so exciting, Menagerie!

It has been almost 14 years but I still remember the day so well - we were married at a bed and breakfast, and the wedding party stayed there the night before, so we were all there ahead of time. Wedding day everyone took their showers and got ready first so I could take my time and my sisters could help me. Well, old house, tiny water heater, no hot water for the bride! This is February, and it was about 22 degrees outside, so to say I was livid was an understatement, but now it is just an amusing story we love to tell! It all worked out fine, wedding went of great and I hardly remember the glitches (there will be glitches :? ).

I know everything will work out, and you and Trevor will have your wonderful day - Congratulations!

Congratulations Menagerie!!!

I myself couldn't sleep last night and found myself on here :wink:

If I can't sleep before bed, I do push-ups, or sit-ups. Enough to wear your body out a little bit. Then, I read some. Works sometimes, most of the time.

Anyways, I'm not married, and don't plan to be atleast for a few more years, so all I can say is good luck! It will go fine!

I am so excited for you.. No matter what it will be an exciting day!!! And this month is going to go very very fast!!! :)

My biggest problem is I make lists in my mind and if I don't write them down, I will forget and I get anxious that I will forget. So, last night I found myself writing things I didn't want to forget then wondering if I had certain paper for my scrapbook/guest book. Then I started playing free cell and the next thing I knew, it was 3 am. Luckily Trevor didn't drag me out of bed this morning and reset the alarm for 10. He must have seen the mess of books and papers I had gone through last night :oops: Plus, I know I woke him up when closing the door on my way back to bed :(
I am missing out on exercise and need to get back into it, but every night it has been storming (I just remembered, I had a dream about tornadoes and my wedding--that's what I get for watching the weather channel!).
Lori said:
Thanks, that helped this morning--after looking at my red, puffy eyes :D

shawmutt said:
If you are having a DJ at the reception, burn a copy of your songs (bride-groom's first dance, etc.) on a CD and give it to someone trustworthy. Our DJ forgot the CD and we had to pick "our song" on the spot.
My mom just told me that the guitarist she had playing at her wedding never learned her song and played, "Bridge Over Troubled Waters." That may explain a lot about my parents short marriage!
The DJ I choose is basically burning all the songs onto a few CDs from a list I will be providing. I will bring a back up just in case (something else to write down!).

Thanks everybody!!

Last night was much better. Trevor and I were going through our CDs trying to find songs for various dances--both fast and slow. We were dancing and that provided all the exercise I needed, plus the fact that I did not sleep much the night before--when I hit the pillow, I was out for the night! :zzz:

I don't know why you are so worried... Everything is going to be fine and beeeeeautiful!
If you guys don't live together yet, you will find out how wonderful it is to wake up side by side, or how hard it is to sleep with someone moving around beside you... !

I remember when I got married, four months after my 21st birthday :mrgreen:
It was the most wonderful thing, because it was just before winter and I really appreciated having a warm body beside me to snick my cold feet on... :mrgreen:

Relax, let your mom, sis and significant others take care of everything! It is YOUR day, so you don't worry!

I don't know why you are so worried
More like anxiety. I know things will work out in the end, but here I am in Calgary, the wedding takes place on LI and a week later we're doing a reception in the Seattle area for my fiancé’s family. On top of that, my mom changed jobs, moved into a new house and now is remodeling :roll: She's pretty much spent at the end of everyday. One sister is in Phoenix and BB has her own life, but is helping as much as she can. Plus I am a self-admitted control freak that likes things done "My way" and feel kind of left out (if that makes sense). My fiancé and I have been living together for two years and we're just reading to exchange rings and a kiss and then live "happily ever after."

Tank Girl, as amuzing as that story is, she doesn't need to hear that sort of thing until after the wedding... Well, at least at a moment she isn't already stressed... Unfortunately it seems weddings are always a little stressful. My wife and I had a JP in my mom's house, only let a few people attend the actual ceremony so of course that caused problems... it was supposed to be simple... The JP was getting frustrated so I called my soon to be wife and she was crying... She was ready but the rest of her family was taking their time... There's pleanty more details but I'll leave them out...
Menagerie, just try to remember what it's all about and how much more important that is than all the details... it will all work out. IF anything does go wrong, you'll laugh about it someday... For now, on sleepless nights... feel free to post all your worries here or start a journal in a book or in a file on your pc(personally I think I can type faster than I can write...)... Just get all those feelings and worries out of your system and then find something relaxing to do... Personally I try to read or do a crossword puzzle... Or watch some low intelligence type tv shows... Basically I focus a little bit of brainpower on something unimportant, and sometimes funny helps, and before you know it you aren't thinking of the stressful stuff... Some sleepy time tea might help or maybe a HUGE serving of Turkey... :D Another thing that might work is talking Trevor into giving you a nice long back rub...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom