Online Vendors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyMiss

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

what is your experience with dealing with online vendors for fish, shrimp, etc.? Does anyone have any advice about ordering fish? is it worth the hassle? I was just wondering about it, since I've seen the online shops and before I got interested in fish keeping, I didn't even know it was possible to ship live fish and get them alive. :blink:

thanks in advance,

SassyMiss

Hi everyone,

what is your experience with dealing with online vendors for fish, shrimp, etc.? Does anyone have any advice about ordering fish? is it worth the hassle? I was just wondering about it, since I've seen the online shops and before I got interested in fish keeping, I didn't even know it was possible to ship live fish and get them alive. :blink:

thanks in advance,

SassyMiss

IMO, it is worth it especially if you find a good deal or you find stuff you can't find in town. I have ordered lots of live fish and inverts online with no deaths yet.

Also, just to add - at first some people think you can't ship fish, but how do you think they get to the store ;)

IMO, it is worth it especially if you find a good deal or you find stuff you can't find in town. I have ordered lots of live fish and inverts online with no deaths yet.

Also, just to add - at first some people think you can't ship fish, but how do you think they get to the store ;)
Well, yes. I realize that, but I thought of the lfs getting their deliveries in big 18 wheelers with special equipment or something. Actually I have no idea how suppliers ship fish.

For shipping to individuals, I was thinking more along the lines of "how does FedEx ship these creatures??"

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom