"Open Water"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just saw the movie.

I thought it rocked! I though it had great acting, and was very well put together. A lot of people didn't like it because the camera work they used and the movie itself was one of those B rated ones - however, I thought that just added to the movie. You felt like you were right there, in the water, experiencing this with them.

I would recommend this movie most definitly! The only precaution I have is that there is a lot of camera movement - like with the waves and stuff - if you get sea sick, you might want to wait till it comes out on video so you can take a couple of breaks...I am still a little dizzy, lol.

As a diver let me just say that it is so incredibly unlikely that anyone would get accidentally left out there on a dive like that, so that's the part that bugs me, but otherwise I will probably go see it - thanks for giving us the heads up!

well, it's based on a true story, and they explain in the movie how it happend, and it's actually pretty believable - I am a diver, myself.

I watched the discovery channel about the person who the story was based upon.

She was an underwater photographer/diver and she was determined to get a certain shot of some fish.. er something. So on top of losing track of where she was, and how far away she was... there was a storm? maybe.. and the current threw her completely off course. I think they said she wound up being about 30 miles? (ha, im so bad with facts) off course.. if not 30 she was at LEAST 15. Or maybe it was 30mins. Everyone had returned to the boat except her and thats when they got worried and sent out for help.

They even showed the REAL footage she had of her camera filming the sharks under water and her screaming.

Also, it is very unlikly something like that would happen... but there have been a handful of reports where it did happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom