Opinion on ring.. just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a girlfriend who had a marquise cut engagement ring and because it snagged she was often having to take it off for this or that reason, and she wound up losing it. I felt so bad for her!

I take mine off hardly ever, and feel like the safest place for them is on my finger. They are antique, unique, and not replaceable and I would just be sick if I lost them.

Ring B's cut is nicer looking to me. And considering ring B is shown w/the wedding band also might skew some's opinion on overall gaudiness.

I got my wife the set that kinda fits into each other. Looks like a single band when together.

lyquidphyre said:
Hehe, no engagement yet.. just driving the boyfriend nuts =o)

Im preparing/training him because the day is coming at some point soon.. might as well help him out.

No titanium for me, I like the more.. traditional classic look.

Ring A was/is my original choice, the side stones are slightly different.. and then I ran across the style of Ring B and wasn't sure at that point which I liked better.

I think im still leaning for Ring A.. the ring lady called it a "5 table ring.. you can see it 5 tables away"
And in all honesty it isn't to be showy or braggy, I have EXTREMLY long fingers and something too small would just look wierd

LMAO, I am doing the same thing to my boyfriend. We have my great grandmother's ring in the house and all he needs to do is get it reset. I plan on getting my finger measured and putting my ring size on the fridge held there with a magnet!

Ring A is the one I vote for.

I told him when I decided I would write everything down.. so far its:
ring size: 5
diamond cut: marquise
size: 1.09 kt
side stones: leo enhancers that are in a leaf shape
color: yellow gold

He almost has it memorized!
Sometime I want to go back and make sure the ring I want doesn't snag too much. Right now I have a pear shaped ring (that stephen got me for xmas) and its pointy and hasn't snagged on anything yet.

I like B best. If you have a two ring set you can have them fused together (after the ceremony :D ) so it is one ring. That is what I did and I love it, it doesn't move around weird.

A is more sharp and ring b kinda looks bland and distracting, the ring a looks to me as 1 diamond and thus your my 1 precious love etc. etc.

Hehe he hasn't propsed or anything.. just preparing him =o)

Im definatly going with Ring A (only difference now, is that its in gold).. prolly get married in like... 1-2 years

hehe.. but when I *DO* get proposed to, believe me.. ya'll will know!

As far as rings go I like A..

*rant* I Hate the diamond market the things are intresicly near worthless, luckly for me my gf doesnt want a diamond.. she loves yellow so ill be looking into yellow stones, that are not yellow diamonds hehe, if I deside to get her some jewlery. :D

OooOo I love amber things =o)

However, does she like yellow as a color, or yellow stones/amber/jewelry ?

I love certain colors, but i don't like them in certain things. If that makes sense

greenmagi said:
I Hate the diamond market the things are intresicly near worthless, luckly for me my gf doesnt want a diamond.. she loves yellow so ill be looking into yellow stones, that are not yellow diamonds hehe, if I deside to get her some jewlery. :D

Guess what Greenmagi, they do have yellow diamonds now! HA HA! I was looking at rings the other day with my daughter and the jeweler dude showed us the newest thing... Canary Diamonds. They're used for accent stones, but they looked pretty cool. What I want to know is, how did they get it yellow? I certainly don't want a painted diamond. Maybe it's CZ, which means it won't be as expensive.

Yellow ones, I believe, are lab made. That is why they are significantly cheaper.
I was watching a news report on them.. they are in fact diamonds, just really yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom