Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-13-2005, 04:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Opinion on ring.. just curious

Okay, so I thought i had found the perfect engagement ring but since its one of those you can't actually put together in the store, it can be difficult to use your imagination.

So I hopped over to ebay and found two rings that aren't displayed at the store (one is very similar to the ring I like a lot) and the other one I like as well. So I wanted opinions- voting style hehe

A few things before voting:
The ring will be yellow gold
This isn't the exact ring, they are both extremly similar- so ignore the actual quality of the ring.. because its not the ring I'd be literally buying
The marquise will be 1.09 kt so ignore the size of the diamonds.. just know it will be large hehe
So, which *style* do you like better?

Since I always screw up the poll lets do it this way. Im gunna put a letter by it, just state the letter and if you want, why you like it

Thanks for humoring me!!

Ring A:

Ring B:

Old 07-13-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ring B!

Ring A would look like your showing of a humongous diamond, and we don't want to brag too much, do we

Old 07-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
I like ring A, with the triangular shaped accent diamonds softening the shape of the center diamond. My only other comment is that this style ring is going to snag on lots of things when worn, so be sure the quality is high so the chances of damaging the piece are lower.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
I'm with Thomas...if only for safety reasons . Ring B is more subtle. Oh, congrats on your engagement.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ring A ...

Ring B has the accent diamonds on the side of your center piece rock ... will your wedding band also have these accent diamonds like the one in the pic? If so I think that the accent diamonds on the actual engagement ring are a bit much!
God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus
Either of the two seem likely to snag, so I will vote Ring A. The accents are more balanced and add to the shape. IMO, the accents in ring b seem more for "why not" then to serve to really enchance the shape.

Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like 'em both, but I think I lean more towards B... my wife's rings actually look quite a bit like that - marquis cut and all.
30g long planted fw
1 blue gourami
6 rummy nose tetras
6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
I like A. For one, a thinner band is more comfortable in my opinion and while it isn't too much thinner than B, if you look closely is is slightly thinner near the diamond and then gets wider. I can't explain it, but it just feels better on my hand when rings are shaped like that. I am also not a fan of the presentation of the main diamond in B. To me is just looks weird and stickes out too much. Now, while A has the same cut, the accent stones balance it out much better. Just my 2 cents

And like everyone else has mentioned, watch out for snagging! It can damage the ring (you can loose a stone!) as well as some clothing. I personally like a lower set stone...where is my boyfriend? I should bookmark this comment just for him to read

By the way, congrats!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
I like ring A.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I vote for a titanium ring?

Otherwise I prefer ring A. It has fewer diamonds and thus looks less gawdy.

Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com