Opinion on ring.. just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I thought i had found the perfect engagement ring but since its one of those you can't actually put together in the store, it can be difficult to use your imagination.

So I hopped over to ebay and found two rings that aren't displayed at the store (one is very similar to the ring I like a lot) and the other one I like as well. So I wanted opinions- voting style hehe

A few things before voting:
The ring will be yellow gold
This isn't the exact ring, they are both extremly similar- so ignore the actual quality of the ring.. because its not the ring I'd be literally buying
The marquise will be 1.09 kt so ignore the size of the diamonds.. just know it will be large hehe
So, which *style* do you like better?

Since I always screw up the poll lets do it this way. Im gunna put a letter by it, just state the letter and if you want, why you like it

Thanks for humoring me!!

Ring A:
img_448872_0_bba04a5328c3810ebe5130f6d28f2f94.jpg

Ring B:
img_448872_1_e7ef6177e99f0c8ec5be3a4bdde229b3.jpg

Ring B!

Ring A would look like your showing of a humongous diamond, and we don't want to brag too much, do we :)

I like ring A, with the triangular shaped accent diamonds softening the shape of the center diamond. My only other comment is that this style ring is going to snag on lots of things when worn, so be sure the quality is high so the chances of damaging the piece are lower.

Ring A ...

Ring B has the accent diamonds on the side of your center piece rock ... will your wedding band also have these accent diamonds like the one in the pic? If so I think that the accent diamonds on the actual engagement ring are a bit much!

Either of the two seem likely to snag, so I will vote Ring A. The accents are more balanced and add to the shape. IMO, the accents in ring b seem more for "why not" then to serve to really enchance the shape.

JMO

I like 'em both, but I think I lean more towards B... my wife's rings actually look quite a bit like that - marquis cut and all.

I like A. For one, a thinner band is more comfortable in my opinion and while it isn't too much thinner than B, if you look closely is is slightly thinner near the diamond and then gets wider. I can't explain it, but it just feels better on my hand when rings are shaped like that. I am also not a fan of the presentation of the main diamond in B. To me is just looks weird and stickes out too much. Now, while A has the same cut, the accent stones balance it out much better. Just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

And like everyone else has mentioned, watch out for snagging! It can damage the ring (you can loose a stone!) as well as some clothing. I personally like a lower set stone...where is my boyfriend? I should bookmark this comment just for him to read :twisted:

By the way, congrats!!!

Can I vote for a titanium ring?
290_0.jpg

Otherwise I prefer ring A. It has fewer diamonds and thus looks less gawdy.

That's nice Malkore!!! I vote for Malkore's ring!!!!

I just bought my wedding band and instead of Titanium the new material they are using is Tungsten Carbide ... a very nice gun metal gray very strong and un-scratchable!!!

Hehe, no engagement yet.. just driving the boyfriend nuts =o)

Im preparing/training him because the day is coming at some point soon.. might as well help him out.

No titanium for me, I like the more.. traditional classic look.

Ring A was/is my original choice, the side stones are slightly different.. and then I ran across the style of Ring B and wasn't sure at that point which I liked better.

I think im still leaning for Ring A.. the ring lady called it a "5 table ring.. you can see it 5 tables away"
And in all honesty it isn't to be showy or braggy, I have EXTREMLY long fingers and something too small would just look wierd

Ring A gets my vote because it's different. Just about everyone that doesn't have a solitaire, goes with channel set diamonds on the sides (including me). I was looking at rings for a long time before Trevor proposed :biglol: We had already decided, but he still needed to ask. More than once I wanted to ask him, but since I asked him out originally, I let him ask me to marry him. Even after all the searching, the perfect ring was not found for months after the proposal; he proposed with a red rose
smilie_liebe4.gif

Stephen and I know we are going to get married, its a matter of me graduating (which I will do next Aug most likely)... so I figured if he wants to propose with a ring, I should try and find the right one first.. so he can go and get it when he is ready..

I was thinking about the snagging thing.. and my mom has a 1kt pear shaped solitare and she has never had an issue with snagging

I'm a platinum gal myself - Edwardian period - purchased from an estate sale. I like the old classic stuff!

Billsgate said:
Ring B!

Ring A would look like your showing of a humongous diamond, and we don't want to brag too much, do we :)

Bah....1.25 Carats is pretty standard in the US...you aren't really showing off until you hit 2.0+ carats.

To be honest, I like neither...I am not fond of marquise diamonds at all...I am more into the old European cut, emerald cut, flanders cut, and dahlia cut.

1.25 Carats is pretty standard in the US
Scary. My fingers are short, so we went with a .55 solitaire in a cathedral tension setting. It's quite eye popping and cannot snag on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom