Ordering fish: A tale of woe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sinibotia

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some may remember, I have an empty, cycled 20 gallon tank with aragonite sand and lots of shells, set up for two months now and waiting for some neolamprologus multifasciatus.

I've tried special ordering from my LFS, found breeders on facebook pages, and scoured the internet until I finally found someone who could mail me some of these fish.

Today was the day: he was getting his shipment in and he had ordered multis just for me. He was going to mail them out tonight! I was going to have my fish on saturday at last!

And then I get a call.

The supplier messed up.

Instead of multifasciatus, he got multipunctatus.

:facepalm: :banghead: :(

The wait goes on....

I think the worst part is no one understanding my frustration. My roommates asked, "Why don't you just go to petco and get some fish there?"

Why don't you order them from someone who has them in stock?

The wet spot has them.

EDIT: You need to look under 'Lamprologus', I don't think they are in Neolamprologus. Although, to be fair, I am not a Tanganyikan expert.

The wet spot has them.
They must not have when I checked. In any case, I've got more options lined up as of right now. Just really frustrating to be so close and have something as stupid as that happen.

Well, that or I missed them being listed as "lamprologus" rather than neolamprologus....

Well, let me know if you keep having problems. They are a pretty common fish, I am sure I can find them for you.

For a common fish i sure haven't found many lol. Even aquabid has only had one or two listings for them that I've seen in the past two months.

Thanks for the heads up about the wet spot though!

Back
Top Bottom