Organic worm casting soil in Planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prolific

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi my name Prolific from CT planning to do a 100 g planted tank with organic soil first layer will be worm castings secound organic soil and cap off with flourite black sand by sechem its going to be a heavy planted tank and my first dirted tank so if any one have some knowledge or advised fell free to drop me a message will love to share this experiment with my aquriuam peoples?[emoji226] [emoji271]

Aquriuam: 100 gallon

Flirtation: SunSun Hw304B 525GPH Pro Canister with 9-watt UV light

Lighting.2x
AgroLED iSunlight T5 LED Bulb - Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Bloom Optimized

Substrate:

Black gold earth worm casting organic soil & black gold all organic potting soil fkourite black sand
Heater
Fluval E 300 watt electric heater

800 g wave maker
I also got moss mesh wall kit cus i want to add a big moss wall

20180118_102549.jpg waiting. On amazon to deliver the rest of the stuff today or tomorrow is going to be a fun weekend doing this tank only if ya could see what i imagen this tank is going to look like a a few mouths from now [emoji41]

Hey bud. Don’t use a soil that is too rich in organic matter. Clay loam would be good.
Am just going to put a real thin layer or my rich earth worm casting and just cap the rest with flourire black sand

Also its going to have lots of plants i mean lots from floting plants the back and side moss wall ill keep you posted

Just make sure you don't get fish in the tank that enjoy sifting the substrate. The first planted tank I tried out was a dirted tank with some goldfish. After the fish had eaten all the expensive salad I bought from the pet shop they proceeded to make a huge mess of the tank by digging out the soil one mouthful at a time over about 2 months.

Just make sure you don't get fish in the tank that enjoy sifting the substrate. The first planted tank I tried out was a dirted tank with some goldfish. After the fish had eaten all the expensive salad I bought from the pet shop they proceeded to make a huge mess of the tank by digging out the soil one mouthful at a time over about 2 months.
Yea i heard alot people saying that but my neighbor have 5 planted beatifull high tech tank he says that happens for two reason not enough of a cap of sand or to much dirt i hopefully did it right and i wont have much of a problem and anyway its a 100 gallon its just going to have a bunch of nano fish 25 wild endlers,white cloud menows,and the bigest fish thats going in there is going to be green neons and yea gold fish could be real messi fish

Why such a rich substrate for floating plants and moss?
On this tank am going to have more then floting and moss over like 25 diffrent plants just did a order from aquriuamplants.com yesterday $140 total cant wait to get them and finish the scape i think i order to much am going to have to give some out my neighbor and friends put them in my other tanks even dow they are all complete will post update on monday night

5 years ago I placed and order from AP. Got a lot more plants than I needed (wanted to save on shipping). By the end of the year I only had 1 of 13 Plant types I ordered remaining. Most of the plants did not match my setup (lighting, ferts). Some grew out of control and i had to remove them. Once I figured out what worked and what did not, I got my plants from other hobbyists, the tissue culture collection at the big box stores, and occasionally from plant vendors.

Yea i think i got to much but ill pick ans choice witch ones ill use. But am going to inject Co2 and am going to habe a ton of nutrient in my water do to my subtrate so going to fill the tank up as much as posible

Good luck watching tv with that solar flare haha. That light is brighter than my reef tank!

Good luck watching tv with that solar flare haha. That light is brighter than my reef tank!
I dont watch tv i watch my tank the tv for the kids but yea i could change the light brightness and color i just haf it on full spectrum

Back
Top Bottom