Organizing ideas??? (Pics?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting overrun with aquarium bottles and food supplies. Has anyone figured out a good way to store all the stuff?

I'm in the same boat. I've got so many bottles, bag, buckets, sponge filters, airline and other junk it's looking pretty messy in my home off/fish room.

I'm considering hot glueing some black fabric around my home made 55 stand to hide it all.

There has got to be a Felix Unger or Mr. Monk among us. I think I'm going to look on line at Bed Bath & Beyond, Michaels and the Container store, and also the Dollar stores nearby.

Found a short video on nets and brushes organization:
http://youtu.be/AN4MYKYqRG0

A cabinet stand! with a steralite tub for the not as often used stuff (stored under the bed) Those plastic steralite drawers, hidden in a coat closet. A nice sized tub under the bathroom/kitchen sink (so you can just pull it all out together when you need it). A decorative box that fits the food containers on a nearby piece of furniture or wall mounted shelf for daily use....or put the food in a pretty colored jar (make it part of the decor- my prime water conditioner lives in a beautiful blue glass bottle) Be creaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaative!

One of my tanks has a file cabinet as a stand. Previously I used a mini credenza with a shelf and sliding doors, very heavy duty used from an office, made from solid oak.

The old office wood credenzas or Steelcase ones are amazingly strong and well built. Easy to paint, but I would suggest coating with an outdoor Thompsons water seal or maybe even outdoor paint to deal with the water, there are tints for the stains too. Because my mini credenza got minor water damage.

My utility closet has the furnace in it and in one corner I have one of those cheap metal garage utility shelves I have it separated with little plastic containers for different stuff. Also I haven't done it yet but I am going to get the big hooks to hang bikes and electric cords and hang the buckets from a side 2x4 and the python from the ceiling, and use one of those jumbo home depot type velcro cord wraps to hold it together. Also use the tank stands to store tank specific items in, but I use the drawers the most.

Really like the thread topic, good to get new tips.

Probably not especially useful, but here is the tank with the file cabinet.
60074-albums9763-picture65537.jpg

Walmart had a lot of nice containers at their mobile site, but everything was sold in lot sizes of 8 or 10 pieces. So, no useful links. Theirs was mostly sterilite or Rubbermaid. A trip to a walmart might prove fruitful.

I just been going nuts b/c my 92 yr old mom's stuff takes up 1/2 the kitchen table and a storage tower. Blood meters, contact solutions, medications, pill organizers, hearing aid stuff.... And, now, cloaked behind the Keurig on the counter an overflowing box of aquarium supplies and foods, plus 2 chairs holding stuff like substrait, pebbles, tubing for awaited 10 gal biocube. The small condo kitchen counter top has my Evolve2 tank and 3 gallon quarantine tank.

( To make matters worse, a snow shovel, huge snow brush and cheap snowblower, 100ft cord are in the open area where the front room and kitchen join along with a bucket in which some drift wood is soaking. And in my front room is a huge long box for an over the door jewelry armoir my big daughter needs to pick up. )

And, I was just about to move the snowblower and 100 ft cord down to the storage lockers when I heard 6+ more inches of snow this weekend.

I thought my cats had too much junk until I got fish. Cat brushes, treats, toys and med supplies are nothing compared to fish. LOL

Back
Top Bottom