Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Totally agree with you, Dirt Diggler! When I first got into this hobby, I searched several different sites, and Aquarium Advantage is the best of them all. There are a couple that are good for very specific types of tanks (For example, I have shell dwellers, and I love the site I belong to that is solely devoted to this tiny cichlid.) but all the other sites are just okay, and a lot of people have huge attitudes. AA has members that are always helpful and rarely condescending. Keep it up, AA! You're making this awesome hobby so much better for us newbies!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by candacecook1025 View Post
Totally agree with you, Dirt Diggler! When I first got into this hobby, I searched several different sites, and Aquarium Advantage is the best of them all. There are a couple that are good for very specific types of tanks (For example, I have shell dwellers, and I love the site I belong to that is solely devoted to this tiny cichlid.) but all the other sites are just okay, and a lot of people have huge attitudes. AA has members that are always helpful and rarely condescending. Keep it up, AA! You're making this awesome hobby so much better for us newbies!
I completely agree. I live in a small military town in NC. We have 3 lfs, and a Petsmart. These forums are where I've gotten the best advice. The lfs guys are ok, they are great guys in fact, but some of the techniques are old, so this forum in particular has been very helpful in getting me started. I'm happy the folks here don't talk down to me or the other newbies. It's almost like they remember when they first started! Crazy talk, I know.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com