Other Fish Forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is the only fish forum that has been helpful to me at all. The personalities present seem more geared toward helping people than condemning them for mistakes. I'd like to thank all the folks on the site for being awesome with the advice you give, and the conversation. You guys rock!

This is the only fish forum that has been helpful to me at all. The personalities present seem more geared toward helping people than condemning them for mistakes. I'd like to thank all the folks on the site for being awesome with the advice you give, and the conversation. You guys rock!

The sick fish one isn't so bad. Most people want to help there cuz nobody wants to hear that fish die. :( But I have also posted a bit in the beginner forums too. Just seem to get more response here because more people view here. :blink:

In the cichlid section, a lot of people probably complain that myself, along with a few other members, have a bit of a habit of coming off condescending, but truthfully, we are all just incredibly passionate people! Gotta be a bit crazy to love fish as much as some of us do lol

I know I don't intend to come off that way, and I'll use this as an apology to anyone who feels that way!

I've been dodging indirect rocket fire and perimeter breeches in afghanistan for the last 2 years. fish are a great distraction for me. I really enjoy the hobby and want to do well. no one want to deal with a condescending personality when they are looking for help.

I am sorry I misunderstood you. :oops: Glad you are back safe now. :flowers: My younger brother did 3 tours in Afghanistan and 1 in Iraq. He is back safe with his 2 children now. :lol: I would advise fish to him but he is too busy chasing his kids around I think...

In the cichlid section, a lot of people probably complain that myself, along with a few other members, have a bit of a habit of coming off condescending, but truthfully, we are all just incredibly passionate people! Gotta be a bit crazy to love fish as much as some of us do lol

I know I don't intend to come off that way, and I'll use this as an apology to anyone who feels that way!

+1

Glad you like it here and I hope to keep seeing you around (y)

Totally agree with you, Dirt Diggler! When I first got into this hobby, I searched several different sites, and Aquarium Advantage is the best of them all. There are a couple that are good for very specific types of tanks (For example, I have shell dwellers, and I love the site I belong to that is solely devoted to this tiny cichlid.) but all the other sites are just okay, and a lot of people have huge attitudes. AA has members that are always helpful and rarely condescending. Keep it up, AA! You're making this awesome hobby so much better for us newbies!

Totally agree with you, Dirt Diggler! When I first got into this hobby, I searched several different sites, and Aquarium Advantage is the best of them all. There are a couple that are good for very specific types of tanks (For example, I have shell dwellers, and I love the site I belong to that is solely devoted to this tiny cichlid.) but all the other sites are just okay, and a lot of people have huge attitudes. AA has members that are always helpful and rarely condescending. Keep it up, AA! You're making this awesome hobby so much better for us newbies!

I completely agree. I live in a small military town in NC. We have 3 lfs, and a Petsmart. These forums are where I've gotten the best advice. The lfs guys are ok, they are great guys in fact, but some of the techniques are old, so this forum in particular has been very helpful in getting me started. I'm happy the folks here don't talk down to me or the other newbies. It's almost like they remember when they first started! Crazy talk, I know.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom