Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to dustybrannum Send a message via MSN to dustybrannum Send a message via Yahoo to dustybrannum
Those are pretty neat, but I think they need to take photography lessons from reefrunner

Old 07-02-2004, 10:47 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge, IL has 3 nurse sharks in an open tank at their shop. It's pretty cool to watch the feedings there every Saturday and Sunday. Chicago Magazine put them in their top 101 things to do in Chicago. They also have an open ray tank that's neat!

Old 07-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
Tankgirl, I have seen a similarly appalling show. "Pimp my ride", with Xzibit, on MTV did an episode where they revamped a guy's car with a fishtank built into it. The fish were 2 fancy goldfish in a 2 gallon tank in the dash... the worst part is that, to keep the water from sloshing all over the place, they sealed the top of the tank closed. Hunh??? There was a small hole for the bubbler, but no way to do water changes, take out dead bodies (and there will be dead bodies), etc.

Um, and did I mention this was in a *car* in *LA*? Those fish were doomed to fry...

YUCK!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

I like that Pimp My Ride show! I am so disappointed and I am glad I did not see that episode. Some of the things they do are obviously impractical for long-term, but that is just ign't.

I feel the same way about cofee table tanks, BTW, not a practical tank at all.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
Hehe. Actually. I should have clarified. I love the show, but get angry at some of the silly things they do... I think the show's pretty darn funny.

I was esp. miffed that they put plasma screens in a Jeep Wrangler. Does that make sense? No, because the canvas can be cut into in 3 seconds, and the screens would be torn out in a jiffy. Oy.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Oy is right, didn't think about that. I guess lots of these pimped rides are pretty theivable. Probably a PETA person is going to cut the poor betta out of the car tank to save it, and in this particular instance I don't blame them.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Off the original topic I suppose, but I work with a guy who has a friend in a radio show contest to get a vehicle on pimp-my-ride. I voted for it on their website. Get this, it's a school bus. Actually it's the short bus. Even so, it would still be pretty cool to see what they do with it...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com