Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Outrageous Tanks!!!

I found the tanks on the web. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Your not going to like the first one because of the live stock. You may like the tank though.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

More

Old 07-01-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is the link to see a whole lot more.
http://www.aquartaquariums.com/specials.html

*NOTE* I am not saying that I nessecarily like whats in the tanks. I like the tanks themselves.

8O If you have an outrageous tank post a pic of it here and let us check it out!! 8O
Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

#1 Wonder how big it is
#2 $1000 tank with $20 decorations.
#3 Dig the plywood base and the duct tape covering the cables.
#4 Cool tank, reminds me of the 180g in wall done on this site.
#5 Actually hate the stand, but the tank looks nice.
#6 Would like to see a better picture, lots of brown isn't pleasing.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
imo #2 is the best. and doesnt look like they do waterr changes in #3

and for #1 wtf. it looks like giant bala shark and damsels and saltwater angels. are those real sharks or balas. something isnt right. its either the bala shark is giant or the the tank is really small and just an angle...

but im sure it isnt a bala or it wouldnt of gotten that big
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Probably Nurse Sharks.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
Bala sharks are a freshwater only fish, and aren't actually sharks at all but the same family as minnows. They get a max size of 14 inches in general, 18 in extreme cases.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

I was watching an MTV-type show that is similar to "Kribs", and they went to the home of a famous popular music artist, and of course there was a fabulous in-wall SW setup, with a nurse shark in a tank that was really too small for it, though the tank was likely 200-300 gal. They showed footage of the shark eating the other brightly colored tankmates, and the owner just lamented that this shark had eaten "$10,000" worth of tankmates, shaking his head, like, "kids will be kids."
Old 07-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
I was watching an MTV-type show that is similar to "Kribs", and they went to the home of a famous popular music artist, and of course there was a fabulous in-wall SW setup, with a nurse shark in a tank that was really too small for it, though the tank was likely 200-300 gal. They showed footage of the shark eating the other brightly colored tankmates, and the owner just lamented that this shark had eaten "$10,000" worth of tankmates, shaking his head, like, "kids will be kids."
My lfs has a shark in it. I'm not sure exactly what it is (I'll try to find out). I know that they would only sell it to a zoo or a person that the management would check out personally. It's about 2.5 to 3 feet long and ina 1000-1200 gal tank. Pretty cool if I do say so myself...

I'm sure the "star" you're talking about pays just about zero attention to his/her fish. More like a status symbol more than anything.

I don't think I'd want an "outrageous" tank. I'm cool with what I have (aside from total size; who wouldn't want to quadruple a 55 gal?).
Old 07-02-2004, 03:02 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've seen the 'coffee-table' tank #3 before and quite honestly I don't think that is the way to go with live creatures. People throw books, tv remotes, papers, coffee cups and all sorts of stuff over the poor little fishes... It is like constant tapping on the glass.
When I first saw the tank I thought it was really neat but then when I think about how much junk is over my coffee table...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com