Outrageous Tanks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found the tanks on the web. Check it out and tell me what you think. :wink:

Your not going to like the first one because of the live stock. You may like the tank though.

#1 Wonder how big it is
#2 $1000 tank with $20 decorations.
#3 Dig the plywood base and the duct tape covering the cables.
#4 Cool tank, reminds me of the 180g in wall done on this site.
#5 Actually hate the stand, but the tank looks nice.
#6 Would like to see a better picture, lots of brown isn't pleasing.

imo #2 is the best. and doesnt look like they do waterr changes in #3

and for #1 wtf. it looks like giant bala shark and damsels and saltwater angels. are those real sharks or balas. something isnt right. its either the bala shark is giant or the the tank is really small and just an angle...

but im sure it isnt a bala or it wouldnt of gotten that big

Bala sharks are a freshwater only fish, and aren't actually sharks at all but the same family as minnows. They get a max size of 14 inches in general, 18 in extreme cases.

I was watching an MTV-type show that is similar to "Kribs", and they went to the home of a famous popular music artist, and of course there was a fabulous in-wall SW setup, with a nurse shark in a tank that was really too small for it, though the tank was likely 200-300 gal. They showed footage of the shark eating the other brightly colored tankmates, and the owner just lamented that this shark had eaten "$10,000" worth of tankmates, shaking his head, like, "kids will be kids."

TankGirl said:
I was watching an MTV-type show that is similar to "Kribs", and they went to the home of a famous popular music artist, and of course there was a fabulous in-wall SW setup, with a nurse shark in a tank that was really too small for it, though the tank was likely 200-300 gal. They showed footage of the shark eating the other brightly colored tankmates, and the owner just lamented that this shark had eaten "$10,000" worth of tankmates, shaking his head, like, "kids will be kids."
My lfs has a shark in it. I'm not sure exactly what it is (I'll try to find out). I know that they would only sell it to a zoo or a person that the management would check out personally. It's about 2.5 to 3 feet long and ina 1000-1200 gal tank. Pretty cool if I do say so myself...

I'm sure the "star" you're talking about pays just about zero attention to his/her fish. More like a status symbol more than anything.

I don't think I'd want an "outrageous" tank. I'm cool with what I have (aside from total size; who wouldn't want to quadruple a 55 gal?).

I've seen the 'coffee-table' tank #3 before and quite honestly I don't think that is the way to go with live creatures. People throw books, tv remotes, papers, coffee cups and all sorts of stuff over the poor little fishes... It is like constant tapping on the glass.
When I first saw the tank I thought it was really neat but then when I think about how much junk is over my coffee table...

Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge, IL has 3 nurse sharks in an open tank at their shop. It's pretty cool to watch the feedings there every Saturday and Sunday. Chicago Magazine put them in their top 101 things to do in Chicago. They also have an open ray tank that's neat!

Tankgirl, I have seen a similarly appalling show. "Pimp my ride", with Xzibit, on MTV did an episode where they revamped a guy's car with a fishtank built into it. The fish were 2 fancy goldfish in a 2 gallon tank in the dash... the worst part is that, to keep the water from sloshing all over the place, they sealed the top of the tank closed. Hunh??? There was a small hole for the bubbler, but no way to do water changes, take out dead bodies (and there will be dead bodies), etc.

Um, and did I mention this was in a *car* in *LA*? Those fish were doomed to fry...

YUCK!

I like that Pimp My Ride show! I am so disappointed and I am glad I did not see that episode. Some of the things they do are obviously impractical for long-term, but that is just ign't.

I feel the same way about cofee table tanks, BTW, not a practical tank at all.

Hehe. Actually. I should have clarified. I love the show, but get angry at some of the silly things they do... I think the show's pretty darn funny.

I was esp. miffed that they put plasma screens in a Jeep Wrangler. Does that make sense? No, because the canvas can be cut into in 3 seconds, and the screens would be torn out in a jiffy. Oy.

Oy is right, didn't think about that. I guess lots of these pimped rides are pretty theivable. Probably a PETA person is going to cut the poor betta out of the car tank to save it, and in this particular instance I don't blame them. :wink:

Off the original topic I suppose, but I work with a guy who has a friend in a radio show contest to get a vehicle on pimp-my-ride. I voted for it on their website. Get this, it's a school bus. Actually it's the short bus. Even so, it would still be pretty cool to see what they do with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom