Paddling on Lake Lanier- pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just picked up these kayaks last weekend and have been anxiously waiting for good weather... finally we got it. Yesterday was 69 and sunny, today was 72 and sunny so of course we went out both days. It's beautiful around here and I'm so glad we live where we do. :D

Here are some pics from today.

100_0892.JPG

100_0893.JPG

100_0894.JPG

HN1 in the red boat
100_0897.JPG

And sev in the yellow
100_0898.JPG

100_0900.JPG

You have no idea how jealous I am at the moment. I've been wanting a kayak for a few years now and I've got a bad case of spring fever now that the ice has melted. No fishing rods?

Beautiful lake, water looks clean! Enjoy your new kayaks:eek:

Thanks! We're enjoying them very much so far! And yes, Lake Lanier is absolutely beautiful. We also have some gorgeous rivers that are really close to here. We're going to check out the Chestatee River as soon as possible. :D

Do you live right on the water also beautiful photos!

Thank you! No, we do not live right on the water. We have an attachment for the roof rack on our Explorer that allows us to carry the kayaks on top of the truck. Then we can kayak wherever we want. :cool:

You have no idea how jealous I am at the moment. I've been wanting a kayak for a few years now and I've got a bad case of spring fever now that the ice has melted. No fishing rods?

We have also been wanting kayaks for a few years now, lol. We decided to finally buy them 2 weeks ago, then had to wait through a week of crappy weather until we could use them. It's been mostly in the mid 60's to low 70's here lately with the exception of last week. Next week is supposed to be fantastic. The spring fever has been killing me as well.

I'm not big on fishing. I mean, I like sitting on boats and stuff, but I really don't like baiting hooks or taking the fish off the hooks or any of the gross stuff. LOL. HN1 tells me that he enjoys fishing but he doesn't eat any fish whatsoever.

Check out the Perception Impulse, we were looking at it and I think a lot of folks use it for fishing. We went with the Perception Prodigy because of the dry storage.

I can't wait to go fishing. By that I mean collecting. :)

HN1, do you keep native fish?

I'll check out the Perception line. Once you pass 225lb, you're pretty limited on kayak selection. I live up to my screenname at 6'3" and 300lb, so I'm unfortunately limited to mostly very expensive kayaks.

Not yet, but we're planning on it. I turn 12 whenever I go into a river or creek though and have to check out the fauna. Catch and release for now. I'm thinking about making our front pond (~300G) a native pond instead of doing livebearers this year. I have a ton of work to do on it yet though.

I guess average height and weight is finally a benefit. I can't wait to get back out. I think our next day trip is to the Chestatee river. :)

On the lake with me paddling, not very. In whitewater much faster.

Haha... You could probably float faster than I could paddle one of those things. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff with them in whitewater though. Looks like you two had a blast. Just watch out for bass boats :)

LOL!

It's really fun and also great exercise (which I can definitely use). We haven't gotten too close to other boats!

Back
Top Bottom