Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to murff68
paint & fishkeeping

this may sound silly but im about to paint my flat,the one thing thats got me is,will my freshwater tank & fish suffer from the paint.i myself suffer from sore throat & flu like symptoms any time i paint, so i was wondering if the paint fumes or smell could enter my tanks water and kill the fish???, maybe a silly Q . if theres anyone with any experience on this would be a help cheers..

murff68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
If it were me, I'd drape plastic dropcloth over the tank and tape it around the circumference of the tank to keep it safe.

We just had our master suite painted and it is possible to get "green" fume-free paint. Just don't go with a cheapo brand and save your own health, and the health of your fish.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

freshwater, freshwater aquarium, paint

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com