Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
paying using paypal?

I am confused.

I want to use PayPal to buy some LR. But I have no Idea how it works. I have an account all setup and ready to go. Do I need to place money into that account before I can use it? Or will PayPal just withdrawl from my bank account when I want to purchase something.

any help would be much appreciated.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
hi rocket if the paypal account is verified and they will just deduct it from your checking or credit card depending how you have it set up

http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
Old 08-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. I am so confused.

Here I am, a computer artist who works on computers for a living, and I can't figure out how Paypal works.

maybe they need to explaine it better on their website.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Definately set it up to pay through your credit card instaed of directly to your bank account. If something messes up, you can hit up your CC company for fraud. If something is messed up with money directly from your bank account you can be left SOL.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I tend to shy away from credit cards unless its absolutely necisarry.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

and I can't spell worth a darn.

Old 08-18-2004, 05:06 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
If your reciving payment then you get money into your paypal account. At anytime you can then have the money transfered to your bank account. Or you can request a check but that form of payment involves a service fee.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:35 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

If you don't like credit cards use a debit card, as they are usually Visa or MC and you are protected from fraud just as if it was a regular credit card.

There are scams associated with Paypal so be absolutely sure you are on their official website - do not give any personal info that Paypal may appear to be requesting over e-mail - the real Paypal would never do that. They take a lot of measures to protect you, but there are people who try to get around it.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I saw something where someone had created a spam mail with a link to a site that looked exactly like Paypals site...scary what some people will do.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Thats right rocket. I get a few every month. You have to learn what is legit and whats not. Regretfully there are millions out there who havent learned so folks unknowingly give criminals access to their paypal funds.

When in doubt about an e-mail always feel free to ask the company that supposedly sent it if its legit. If it is they wont mind telling you it is. If its not legit they will quickly tell you that its not.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com