paying using paypal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am confused.

I want to use PayPal to buy some LR. But I have no Idea how it works. I have an account all setup and ready to go. Do I need to place money into that account before I can use it? Or will PayPal just withdrawl from my bank account when I want to purchase something.

any help would be much appreciated.

hi rocket if the paypal account is verified and they will just deduct it from your checking or credit card depending how you have it set up

Thanks. I am so confused.

Here I am, a computer artist who works on computers for a living, and I can't figure out how Paypal works.

maybe they need to explaine it better on their website.

Definately set it up to pay through your credit card instaed of directly to your bank account. If something messes up, you can hit up your CC company for fraud. If something is messed up with money directly from your bank account you can be left SOL.

If your reciving payment then you get money into your paypal account. At anytime you can then have the money transfered to your bank account. Or you can request a check but that form of payment involves a service fee.

If you don't like credit cards use a debit card, as they are usually Visa or MC and you are protected from fraud just as if it was a regular credit card.

There are scams associated with Paypal so be absolutely sure you are on their official website - do not give any personal info that Paypal may appear to be requesting over e-mail - the real Paypal would never do that. They take a lot of measures to protect you, but there are people who try to get around it.

I saw something where someone had created a spam mail with a link to a site that looked exactly like Paypals site...scary what some people will do.

Thats right rocket. I get a few every month. You have to learn what is legit and whats not. Regretfully there are millions out there who havent learned so folks unknowingly give criminals access to their paypal funds.

When in doubt about an e-mail always feel free to ask the company that supposedly sent it if its legit. If it is they wont mind telling you it is. If its not legit they will quickly tell you that its not.

log in on your own never through an email link...i closed my paypal account i did not realize that i could give them the money and work off of that and i was getting a bit worried about them having access to my checking account i started out trusting everything and now i think there is just to many weirdos out there with all the viruses and scams and things.

When I accasionally sell things on sites or on Ebay I have the money sent to my PayPal account. Then when I buy things I just use the PayPal account there too. This way I don't have to use my bank account or my credit card.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom