Pepper stole a drumstick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pepper has been getting quite the appetite lately. He frequently eats right off our plates. He seems to think somehow we are cheating him out of the good stuff. :lol:

He snuck up and stole a drumstick off my husband's plate. We let him have a couple of bites but not much. Not the best food but ok for a treat.

1003318.jpg

1003317.jpg

And of course like the critter parents we become, we let them push us around and get their way...LOL. Our pets control us...

Beautiful bird!! I love African Grays. How old?

Birds are such characters! I had a parakeet that wanted to eat WHATEVER I was eating....and then would get in it if he was out. After a few incidents of parakeet feet in my cereal I'd give him a few pieces in his cage while I ate my breakfast! He could never figure out that the cereal wasn't a solid that he could land on, and would fall into the milk and fly off, spraying milk everywhere. He also would drink coffee (just a little) out of my dad's coffee mug! I miss my birdie, give Pepper a good scratch and a hug for me!

Isn't that, erm, cannibalism?? 8O

Beautiful parrot though, I'd love to have my own parrot, but either I don't think Spud my cat would like it, or, Spud my cat would like it for lunch... :mrgreen:

Just out of interest, can you toilet train parrots to use a certain area to do their business or do they "just go"? :?

Thanks everyone. Pepper is 27 years old now.

You can train birds to go potty where you want. Pepper is a bit old for that but he is learning to be a bit better with areas to go on.

Bill a turkey drumstick would be hilarious. He tried to steal a T bone steak off my plate but the steak weighed more than he did and he couldn't lift it. :)

I have 5 cats and a talking bird terrorizes the cats. He has exposure to several cats, some of them farm hunting cats and the cats show extreme interest in the bird for dinner at first but as soon as Pepper leans over and barks like a dog at them, and then says, "watch it buddy", they run and don't look back! I think it destroyed their minds or something. LOL

Zagz said:
I have 5 cats and a talking bird terrorizes the cats. He has exposure to several cats, some of them farm hunting cats and the cats show extreme interest in the bird for dinner at first but as soon as Pepper leans over and barks like a dog at them, and then says, "watch it buddy", they run and don't look back! I think it destroyed their minds or something. LOL
Hilarious

Zagz said:
You can train birds to go potty where you want. Pepper is a bit old for that but he is learning to be a bit better with areas to go on.

Perhaps a Birdy-litter? :lol:

Now that would be funny to see, a bird telling a cat what to go do with itself!!! :biglol:

I love that bird! I used to keep Budgies, trained them to talk. They were a hoot, but nothing like that Pepper! Stealing a T-bone! 8O

Back
Top Bottom