Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict
There are some really neat vids online though of octopi getting food out of glass jars.

I'm not sure but I beleive I saw one that put the lid back on also. I may be dreaming though.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 11-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to Umberle
heh...now that I want to see...smart and considerate....few more million years and they might have men beat.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:01 AM   #53
AA Team Emeritus
What? I always put the lid back on my snack jar!
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 11-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic
:: sigh ::

scrawny vegans...

I really don't get some of the crap PETA pulls. Just the other day I bought one of those hairless cats and the breeder told me about a time when he went to a cat show and PETA sprayed some chemical in the face of two of his cats. They were trying to KILL the cats because PETA thinks it's better for animals to be dead than kept as pets.

The PETA that thinks you shouldn't fish because fish have feelings and feel pain is the same PETA that thinks animals are better off dead than kept as pets...... explain that one.

PETA has contributed tens of thousands of dollars to animal-rights activists who have been charged with or convicted of crimes.

Ingrid Newkirk is the head of PETA; she is nothing more that a extremist. Don't fall for her BS image of "saving the animals." This is the same woman who urged Yasser Arafat to spare animals in suicide bombings, but could care less about the humans that were being killed.

PETA members believe that animals should have the same rights as people.

PETA head, Ingrid Newkirk has stated that there is no moral difference between poultry farms and Nazi death camps.

PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.

PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.

PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.

PETA cares more about chickens and other farm animals than they do about starving or sick children..

PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda. They also operate a webpage which advocates to people to stop drinking all milk because its supposedly a health hazard!

PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.

PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow.” -PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich

PeTA co-founder Ingrid Newkirk once said even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, "we'd be against it."

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA,

"To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off." -Bill Maher, PeTA celebrity spokesman

"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses." -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA,

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration." -Michael W. Fox, Vice President, The Human Society

Regan when asked which he would save, a dog or a baby, if a boat capsized in the ocean: "If it were a retarded baby and a bright dog, I'd save the dog." -Tom Regan
Old 11-25-2004, 11:20 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, that's some crazy stuff. While I still think they're a bunch of whackos there's a few things I agree with them on...
that there is no moral difference between poultry farms and Nazi death camps.

stop drinking all milk because its supposedly a health hazard!
Poultry farms are horrid. I think the way chickens are treated is cruel to animals and people. And milk... well, I could go on about things but I feel most people wouldn't want to hear it and I wouldn't want to change the basic subject anyway...
I will say there's a lot wrong with the way animals are treated, in general but not overall, and something should be done, but these weirdos aren't really helping anyone.
Backyard Fellowship
Old 11-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #56
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I live in a section of VA that is very poultry driven and I have to say other than the way they are transported from farm to processing plant I wouldnt classify their treatment as cruel. This is the main livelyhood for many people around here and every chicken and/or turkey is money to them. For the most part the majority of farms are as sanitary and healthy as they can be given the numbers of chickens and turkeys they have growing. Its the small percentage of bad farms that everyone points at when they talk bad about the industry.

I have even toured a poultry processing plant as part of a college class and way the chickens and turkeys are killed is about as humane as can be on a mass scale. I would in NO WAY compare them to nazi death camps.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com