Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mogurako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US, Washington state
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by titchrules
Am 0.0
Ph 7.1
Nitrates 0.0
Nitrites 0.1
With those levels I would be inclined to say the tank isn't cycled yet and there could have been ammo/ph spikes that weakened and killed the fish.
__________________

__________________
Mogurako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 124
The tank is most certainly cycled! I assure you of that.
There has never been a problem since the guppies moved in. Just since the sharks did. I'm wondering if they were a 'bad batch' from store. But whatever was wrong with them has upset the guppies now too. I've put in some health guard treatment as at the moment there's no signs on the bodies. BB looks fine. But just dropped dead so to speak.

I won't be replacing the sharks. Lesson learnt.
__________________

__________________
titchrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mogurako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US, Washington state
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by titchrules
The tank is most certainly cycled! I assure you of that.
There has never been a problem since the guppies moved in. Just since the sharks did. I'm wondering if they were a 'bad batch' from store. But whatever was wrong with them has upset the guppies now too. I've put in some health guard treatment as at the moment there's no signs on the bodies. BB looks fine. But just dropped dead so to speak.

I won't be replacing the sharks. Lesson learnt.
I was not saying the tank isn't cycled just from the readings you posted that's what it looked like. Anywho, very well could have been bad stock, just keep a close eye on those guppies and water parameters.
__________________
Mogurako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogurako

I was not saying the tank isn't cycled just from the readings you posted that's what it looked like. Anywho, very well could have been bad stock, just keep a close eye on those guppies and water parameters.
Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was having ago at you.
I had been asked once before whether it was cycled when I got the water tested. Lol.
Whatever were doing must be good news on the water conditions front.
One of the other guppies rear fin is slightly curved at the bottom. I did notice that with BB yesterday. Connection??
Thanks for your advice chick
__________________
titchrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N.West.
Posts: 66
Hiya!
Your parameters seem too perfect, thats all.. Rarely do you get readings like that, unless it is new water that has just been treated, but not added yet.. (Nitrates.3 esp)
I only say this, beacuse i am SUCH a Geek at water checking lately, I even check my water before adding at a water-change!! Because i have had so many problems lately.. : (
__________________
karen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen21
Hiya!
Your parameters seem too perfect, thats all.. Rarely do you get readings like that, unless it is new water that has just been treated, but not added yet.. (Nitrates.3 esp)
I only say this, beacuse i am SUCH a Geek at water checking lately, I even check my water before adding at a water-change!! Because i have had so many problems lately.. : (
Honestly it's been cycled etc.
It did once have raised nitrite levels. But nothing bad since.
I don't know how/why the levels are like that. They just are.
Must be doing something good.
__________________
titchrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: N.West.
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by titchrules View Post
Honestly it's been cycled etc.
It did once have raised nitrite levels. But nothing bad since.
I don't know how/why the levels are like that. They just are.
Must be doing something good.
You are SO lucky! I am green with envy! (not algae!)
__________________
karen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen21

You are SO lucky! I am green with envy! (not algae!)
Thank you. It means a lot.
__________________

__________________
titchrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Were is the pets at home in london please help! Tarchipmyster Saltwater Reef Aquaria 0 03-30-2011 03:31 PM
Home Sweet Home! DIY Cave... Aquarian DIY Projects 26 03-30-2005 05:46 PM
Other Pets Drake Aquaria Off-Topic 42 03-10-2005 12:12 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.