Pharmaceuticals in the water??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just heard an interesting article on npr about the levels of drugs in our water and the effects on fish. It stated that fish exposed to anti-anxiety meds tended to be less fearful and also ate more. Go figure haha. Anyone else have anything to add to this? I guess people are flushing enough meds to actually have an impact on aquatic eco-systems..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have heard of that too. I have also heard that women on birth control pee it out into the water and the fish have a hard time reproducing. Go figure!

Just heard an interesting article on npr about the levels of drugs in our water and the effects on fish. It stated that fish exposed to anti-anxiety meds tended to be less fearful and also ate more. Go figure haha. Anyone else have anything to add to this? I guess people are flushing enough meds to actually have an impact on aquatic eco-systems..

I wonder if this is the reason for your panduro being a crack head hahaha

I do live a block away from a veterans hospital... hmmmmm, than again I drink the water too, I'm only kind of a Crack head though..

you want to be careful if they are flushing hormone replacement pills you might start growing a pair of boobs :-O haha

Too late haha, it's all the chicken I eat.. I'm OK with it though.. moobs for chicken!!!

Back
Top Bottom