photos of my new koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
just a few photos of my new koi. They were a bit on the expensive side, but they're guaranteed to never, ever, die. :wink:

Very nice!! I am impressed with the artwork there. I know you paid a pretty penny, but maintenance will be a breeze :wink:

I gotta be honest: I don't really like the idea of permanently marking you skin.

Can you go over this with me? I'm not trying to be cynical or sarcastic or anything. I really want to know what motivates people to do this. Do you know that it's irreversible? Won't you regret it in the future?

I don't mean to offend anyone, I am just curious...

$imple - I can certainly understand your perspective and it is valid to wonder about how someone would do this.

I personally think it is akin to wearing earrings or other jewelry, but being permanent it requires no attention, and won't set of a metal detector :wink:

I waited until I was 30 before I got any tattoos, and I am glad I did. Now my tattoos have meaning and represent a certain time in my life. I know when I am a shriveled old woman the tatoos are going to look pretty silly, but it will reflect who I was/am.

$imple,

I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 21, and yes I'm fully aware that it'd take thousands of dollars, hours of treatments with a laser, and painful recovery to remove any of my ink. But I don't see that happening.
There are only 3 reasons to regret a tattoo
1. it was poorly done
2. you no longer like the design (more on this)
3. it was put in a place you can't easily hide

#1 can be fixed with a touchup or coverup
#2 NEVER get someone's name tattoo'd on yourself. girlfriends dump you, wives might divorce you. your child's name is the only safe one, and even then things could happen to make you regret it
#3 with short sleeves and pants, you'd never know I had almost $1,000 worth of ink on my skin...avoid face, neck, and anythign below the elbows.

Here's the real kicker tho. Tattoos are SO popular right now with the college crowd, that in 10 years, it'll be as normal to have one as to not have one...and as long as you don't have one like Mike Tyson, you'll still be able to get a very professional job in your chosen career.

As for Fishfreek - no, its not done yet. I still have at least another 3 hour session for more color, shading, highlights, etc. I'm hoping that'll get done in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom