Photos of New 27 inch Georgian Catfish for our 10 gallon tan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie_McKoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Isn't he gorgeous? :angel: Actually, our cat loves to sit in empty fish tanks and just look at you. Ferret was moving our goldfish to a bigger tank with better filters and stuff because something was going wrong with this tank (as you can tell), and the cat just jumped right in.

probably. actually this cat loves laundry hampers, buckets (especially ferret's water changing bucket), and trash cans. And he just sits in them. It is kind of odd but hilarious too.

That's the newly discovered Felis aquaticus isn't it??? I've heard they're tough to keep except in VERY large aquariums because of their territorial nature and the fact that you have to include a full-sized litter box. What are your water parameters in that tank?? Felis aquaticus requires a tank with a LOT of dissolved oxygen. On the plus side....ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels aren't as critical as for other species.

I've also heard that Felis aquaticus, like the walking catfish and climbing perch, have a tendency to jump out of aquaria. Have you experienced this yet?? Hope you have a full cover!

LOL!!

How did you manage to net him out? That net looks kinda small...

We got a new kitty this weekend, and I'll ask you the question Roger asked me...whats his L number? ;)

Fruitbat,

yep. he is a Felis aquaticus. Since he is a baby still, he is fine in the small tank. We will move him up when he wants to since he is quite vocal. I keep no water in the tank except when he is thirsty. He does jump out of and into the tank quite often. And since he is pretty clean, it is not a problem.

Allivymar,

He jumps out on command. His L number is L 317 or L CAT. :mrgreen:

No water?? Well there's your problem then! Put water in the tank and PRESTO!! No more Felis aquaticus!! LOL!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom