Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 AM   #1
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Physics project

I have a physics final project to do. I was wondering if you guys could help me think of what to do it on. I was thinking of maybe something with fish, water, filters, glass, electricity, just something with fish tanks I guess. I have to create a multimedia (video, poster, powerpoint, some type of visual basically) and written document. The possible topics: motion, forces, momentum, mechanical energy, heat energy, electricity, waves..
What topic and what could I make, that you guys think would be pretty interesting to do? Oh, also it has to be something that can be kept by the teacher, in case that eliminates some stuff.

Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 06-08-2005, 02:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What level of physics?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Well, I'm still in my senior year of high school and it's the first physics course I've taken.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heat loss from a tank and energy required to maintain the temperature then calculated back to kilowatt hours would bee good.

Remember M,K,S metric makes it easier LOL
Old 06-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
You could also do a presentation that shows the flow of water throughout the tank and filter(s) (currents and such) and how they affect the environment (the tank). Examples could include fish that like to swim in the current and others that like areas where there is no current. You could include the accumulation/deposits of 'stuff' in different areas of the tank as evidence as to where the currents exists. Also the fact that surface movement oxygenates the water.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I really l like the calculation energy usage of the tank idea. Another one that might be fun would be to derive the range formula, build a giant slingshot, and have fun with that.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
or maybe buy a 10 gallon tank and video tape it in slow motion being dropped. then explain that it wasnt gravity, but another unknown force
Old 06-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I truly hated physics!
How about something having to do with the Python - the Venturi principle and fluid dynamics?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
maybe something with c02?

Tags
project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com