Physics project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoK

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a physics final project to do. I was wondering if you guys could help me think of what to do it on. I was thinking of maybe something with fish, water, filters, glass, electricity, just something with fish tanks I guess. I have to create a multimedia (video, poster, powerpoint, some type of visual basically) and written document. The possible topics: motion, forces, momentum, mechanical energy, heat energy, electricity, waves..
What topic and what could I make, that you guys think would be pretty interesting to do? Oh, also it has to be something that can be kept by the teacher, in case that eliminates some stuff.

Well, I'm still in my senior year of high school and it's the first physics course I've taken.

Heat loss from a tank and energy required to maintain the temperature then calculated back to kilowatt hours would bee good.

Remember M,K,S metric makes it easier LOL

You could also do a presentation that shows the flow of water throughout the tank and filter(s) (currents and such) and how they affect the environment (the tank). Examples could include fish that like to swim in the current and others that like areas where there is no current. You could include the accumulation/deposits of 'stuff' in different areas of the tank as evidence as to where the currents exists. Also the fact that surface movement oxygenates the water.

I really l like the calculation energy usage of the tank idea. Another one that might be fun would be to derive the range formula, build a giant slingshot, and have fun with that.

or maybe buy a 10 gallon tank and video tape it in slow motion being dropped. then explain that it wasnt gravity, but another unknown force :twisted:

I truly hated physics! :evil:
How about something having to do with the Python - the Venturi principle and fluid dynamics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom