Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #481
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
POLARBEAR0871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,169
Thank you I'm in love with it it's the most amazing aquatic animal iv ever had
__________________

__________________
POLARBEAR0871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #482
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR0871 View Post
Thank you I'm in love with it it's the most amazing aquatic animal iv ever had
Stars are great, looking into a sand sifting star, probly should get more fish lol i only have three in the 37g. Might get a couple snails due to phyto plankton createing hair algea all over the walls of the tank . Found some little hitch hikers today, one looks like a baby star fish, not sure though. The clowns sure loved it, they started picking on it
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #483
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
I've always wanted inverts, but I'm not sure what my butterfly would do to them. :/
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #484
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post
I've always wanted inverts, but I'm not sure what my butterfly would do to them. :/
I think they are alot more intresting than fish, they go around the reef doing there own thing and some times they will come out and perform a show for you (mostly crabs)
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #485
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
I think they are alot more intresting than fish, they go around the reef doing there own thing and some times they will come out and perform a show for you (mostly crabs)

Yes!! I love them

Your puffer doesn't mess with any of your inverts? I was thinking about doing a puffer too.
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #486
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post

Yes!! I love them

Your puffer doesn't mess with any of your inverts? I was thinking about doing a puffer too.
Valentini's are 75-25 with crabs,shrimp, and snails but they will eat LPS corals but if fed well they will stay away from Soft corals. Mine picks at my brains and encrusted momapipoes but never nips the ricordea mushrooms, the zoanthids, and the torch. Or any of my inverts. Friday the emerald crab grabbed one of my muchrooms and tried to pull it off the rock but before he could get a good grip on it the puffer swept down and smacked him right on the arm... That teached the crab a lesson! Lol
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #487
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
POLARBEAR0871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,169
That's cool there's a porcupine puffer fish at my LFS I love those puffers but I'm scared to get it haha it's got spikes all over it can you guys give me some ideas on what to stock a 40g with I have three damsels an anemone a starfish a shrimp and 10 of those super small crabs???
__________________
POLARBEAR0871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #488
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR0871 View Post
That's cool there's a porcupine puffer fish at my LFS I love those puffers but I'm scared to get it haha it's got spikes all over it can you guys give me some ideas on what to stock a 40g with I have three damsels an anemone a starfish a shrimp and 10 of those super small crabs???
The damsels may limit your options. They can be such jerks to any new additions.
__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #489
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
POLARBEAR0871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,169
Actually the last three actually are very nice they swim in like a school my black one even likes to be inside the anemone which I think is weird and none of them go near the star haha
__________________
POLARBEAR0871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #490
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
George9's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,765
Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR0871 View Post
Actually the last three actually are very nice they swim in like a school my black one even likes to be inside the anemone which I think is weird and none of them go near the star haha
They might be fine with eachother, but once a new fish enters their territory, they may terrorize it.

Your tank is gonna be a reef, right? so you're probably lookin for reef safe. What about a Pygmy angel, or a flame back? I've heard good things about them in reefs and they can hold their own against the damsels
__________________

__________________
-George
George9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.