Pictures: Assiniboine Zoo (Winnipeg) July 5 2005 (157 pix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownBullhead

Aquarium Advice Regular
Pictures: Assiniboine Zoo (Winnipeg) July 5 2005 (157 pix)

NOTE: I was sorting through my pictures this morning and realized I hadn't shared these with anyone, not even family, so here goes...

Well, I moved to Manitoba (from Toronto) in April 2000 and by July 2005 I figured I was a bit overdue for my first visit to Assimiboine Zoo in Winnipeg. When I learned my girlfriend, and her siblings and their respective spouses and families were going to the Assiniboine Zoo, I figured I was due for a visit. So on July 5, 2005, I knew I was "going to the zoo." Growing up in Toronto, I was proud to say I had a "World Class" zoo in the Metro Toronto Zoo... now, Winnipeg's zoo is not quite on that level, but for a smaller metropolitan area Winnipeg's zoo was a nice way to spend 2 1/2 hours on a summer day. Now, there were only one or two concerns I had about the zoo, and price was not one of them. Admission was $9.00 for an adult, compared to $20 or so for Toronto Zoo... so it was kickin' it so far. I did find that the Assiniboine Zoo avian and primate exhibits were not very condusive for photography, as the areas were fenced in chain link from the ground up as high as could possibly be. The other concern I had was the indoor (pavilion) exhibits, the glass was covered in finger / hand prints and difficult to obtain a decent photograph, not helped by the common courtesy of non-flash photography I utilized. Anyway, the family had a good time, and although the photographer was not the most skilled and the conditions were difficult, I share with you all the photos I took that day. Since this is a FISH FORUM, the **FISH*** photos are toward the bottom of this post, as the pavilion with aquariums was one of the last exhibits.

Good admission price, cheap concessions, fun for the children, and a surprising amount of exhibits were had for my first visit to Assiniboine Zoo.

Click thumbnails to see the fullsize 1600 x 1200 image. Fullsize image should open in a new browser window. Images Hosted by PhotoBucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom