plans for the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not I. Wife was to work today. She was up and out the door by 4:30am and she came back around 7:30. Apparently they didnt need her. Since she was going to be working till who knew when we didnt make any plans. Right now she is with our daughter at the public pool. Im not so big on pools so I elected to say here and cook them up some good grub for when they return.

sterb161.gif

Blow up stuff!!!

Not really... My dogs don't like fireworks, looks like I won't be shooting off illegal fireworks anymore.

Pool,
Grill Food,
Town fireworks (can see them from my neighborhood, don't have to get involved in the traffic, Yee Haa!)

Oh Yeah, there will be some beer involved in there somewhere!

smoking ribs, drinking beer, watching fireworks with "the fam"...my wife's sister, bro-in-law and two kids. Just relaxing.

Well, we do it up real big in NY! Prior to the big Fireworks show, the family will gather and do the BBQ thing...everything goes on the grill if you want it hot. LOL.

After dinner, we will sit on my mom-in-law's patio and watch the Fireworks. Just another benefit of New York City living. You can be miles away from the chaos and enjoy the show from the comfort of home... :D

Gonna be on the computer, then going to sleep at six AM.. Wow.. A normal day
lol

BBQing at my parents house then we are all heading up to the riverfront in St. Louis for the airshow and Fireworks. It's amazing to sit so close to the fireworks and feel yourself being knocked backwards as the fireworks explode. Every year it just takes my breath away. Such a beautiful sight. :D I love 4th of July Fireworks in St. louis. One year they had ones that exploded and said USA. VERY cool. :D

on this gorgeous sunny 4th i will be working... how fun.. what a way to celebrate independence by being trapped at work.

All of our 4th stuff is already done, so I'll be sitting around and waiting to go to work at 11PM.

Saturday night me and the wife snuck into a state park and hiked to the top. You can see the entire town of Hagerstown from the top and saw fireworks all over the city, including the big ones at Antietam Battlefield.

Sunday we wanted to try out our new little camp grill for our upcoming trip, so we grabbed some hot dogs and chips and walked down to the city park and had a little cookout. The grill worked nicely :D.

We used to do a whole family thing, but a housing development near my wife's grandparents put a damper on the annual fireworks there (isn't sprawl great?) and my father-in-law got married a year ago today--he always threw a big picnic but is now celebrating with his new wife in some ritsy resort island somewhere. So from now on the 4th will be whatever me and my wife do.

BBQ'ing some ribs. About to head down for a firwork show downtown. Probably have a couple a daqueries and come home... :D

We had our party yesterday. Fired up the BBQ and had us a big cookout with about 12 adults and 6 kids running around.

Today we will stay cool and watch the fireworks.

Our family has a summer cottage on Mobjack Bay, which is off of the Chesapeake Bay, in what is known as the Middle Peninsula of Virginia. We spent yesterday evening shooting off very cool fireworks there - the kind that you are not allowed to purchase in this state :wink: - but we did it over the water and it was a very nice night for it. The next pier over from us down the shoreline were setting off similar fireworks, so it became something of a competition, and both parties enjoyed it very much.

Today was a cookout next door with a much tamer, more legal batch of fireworks, with lots of kids and sparklers. This was the first year we did not go to see a large professional fireworks display and it was nice just to stay home and not have to fight traffic when we have to work in the AM. We did watch a little bit of the NYC fireworks display on TV that Jchillin got to watch at home - you lucky duck!! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom