Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

i always figured "Planted Aquascaping" was just plants, no fish.... While "Planted Tanks" would be fish/plant tanks.

"Aquascaping" is just underwater landscaping, or in other words a "Garden in a Tank"in my opinion but im probably wrong.... Would make sence tho.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I thought that too, aquascaping would be making the tank look cool, background, foreground plants, landscaping underwater!
Planted tanks would be help with plants and anything plant related, I guess the title is misleading?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe
I think the modifier "planted" should be removed on "planted aquascaping." Planted aquascaping is a subset of planted tanks where as aquascaping and planted tanks are two overlapping, not nested sets.

I.e. aquascaping has to do with general aesthetics with or without plants whereas planted tanks encompasses the aesthetics of a planted tank and the care of said tank.
Not that it is much of my business but I do agree. I dont use live plants in my tank but would love to talk about how to improve my aquascaping. But feel I have nowhere to post my thread.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Crepe you make a very good point, not all aquascaping is Plants, just like not all landscaping is only grass. after reading what you say, it makes prefect sense! :P
Old 10-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe View Post
I think the modifier "planted" should be removed on "planted aquascaping." Planted aquascaping is a subset of planted tanks where as aquascaping and planted tanks are two overlapping, not nested sets.

I.e. aquascaping has to do with general aesthetics with or without plants whereas planted tanks encompasses the aesthetics of a planted tank and the care of said tank.
I would support such a change.

Tags
api, aquascaping, cap, plant, planted, planted aquascaping, planted tanks, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com