Planted Vs. Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
There is something to be said of the absolute beauty of a green planted fish tank. The luscious vegetation and carpets... The tall forests of unknown, and the peace.

There is also something to be said of the incredible beauty of a reef. The caverns as hideouts, the colorful corals, as well as the anemones swaying in the current.

What I want to know is which you prefer to LOOK at :) LET'S GOOOOO. :)

planted. IMO it looks way more natural. you have to be a REALLY good aquascapist to make a coral tank look as nice as a planted tank

IMO planted also looks superior (when done right). Love the green and red contrasts. :)

I feel they can both be equally beautiful, every time I see an awesome planted tank I think it's superior to a reef tank then I find reef that changes my mind.

I'm planted freshwater guy b/c I feel that we are the underdog and that we don't get no love. It seems no matter where you look everything (products/conventions) is geared to salt/reef tanks. They get all rhe cool toys. Even well organized and well literate up to date information can be hard to find for freshwater.

I believe both can be equally beautiful, but in completely different aspects (as stated by OP already).

However I'll likely stick to planted simply because its just so much easier to handle. not to mention much less expensive. I've seen some pieces of Coral that are worth more than my entire planted set up!

I'll be the loner here, corals ALL THE WAY. Way more colorful, unique, interactive (they can move, eat, split, etc), and are just overall more impressive. If i see a really well done planted tank, by a pro aquascaper, sure, that takes the cake. But ANY fully stocked and well maintained reef tank will win over MOST planted tanks 98% of the time IMO.

Sorry planted tankers. Unlike most of you..i have done planted tanks, as well as having a reef tank. Ive got both sides of the story;)

Lol someone is going to chew me out :p hahah

Gboy66 said:
I'll be the loner here, corals ALL THE WAY. Way more colorful, unique, interactive (they can move, eat, split, etc), and are just overall more impressive. If i see a really well done planted tank, by a pro aquascaper, sure, that takes the cake. But ANY fully stocked and well maintained reef tank will win over MOST planted tanks 98% of the time IMO.

Sorry planted tankers. Unlike most of you..i have done planted tanks, as well as having a reef tank. Ive got both sides of the story;)

............. :O

Gboy66 said:

.... Send him to room 101. ;)

TankMan said:

Is that a 1984 referance?? :)

I must agree, corals are better, but they cost way more! Haha if you are on a budget plants are definitly better, but corals are amazing :) they literally have their own minds, but plants are not that way. Also, corals are more interactive, colorful, and insannnneeeee :)

TankMan said:

My worst fear? Dillusional planted tankers;)

Lol i am going to be hated in the fw forums now hahah:)

Edit: I kid of course

Gboy66 said:
My worst fear? Dillusional planted tankers;)

Lol i am going to be hated in the fw forums now hahah:)

Edit: I kid of course

Lol

I like reef tanks better even though I've never had one :p

Wait so you guys are saying that if i offered you a 125 gallon reef tank filled with amazing corals and fish, you would prefer the 125 gallon planted tank filled with a huge piece of drift wood, whatever fish you like, and tons of plants?

I would choose the reef :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wait so you guys are saying that if i offered you a 125 gallon reef tank filled with amazing corals and fish, you would prefer the 125 gallon planted tank filled with a huge piece of drift wood, whatever fish you like, and tons of plants?

Whoa Whoa Whoa..... You giving away your RSM?! Haha I'd say reef all the way!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying hahaha

Back
Top Bottom