Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please be kind!

I'm not going to be pointing out anyone specific, but recently I have noticed a lot of negativity going on. It has made me seriously consider leaving AA. This is a forum for learning new things about fish, not arguing about who is better, who has had fish longer, who knows more about this or that, etc.. Nobody was born knowing everything, and even if you mean well, tone can be interpreted many different ways. So could we all please try to be a little more polite? Thank you.

I know I'm going to get some angry comments on this, but I felt that it was necessary to point out.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mehh.. it's the internet.. bound to have personality clashes. If it goes to far you simply report the post that offends..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 08-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Sorry for your bad experience. If you have any issues in the future please report them with the report tab and we will take care of it. You are right that we are here to learn and we dont need the drama just help. Again report any disrespectful posts and we will take care of it.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just think that if people make an effort to be nicer, it will prevent problems from even happening in the first place.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:45 AM   #5

Sometimes I feel like I get attacked and feel I have no other option but to fire back, I'll be honest. But like he said it's the internet so human nature takes over.. some are puffer fish and some are flower horns lol oh well...yes I know puffers can be aggressive also, before anyone corrects me...

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-19-2015, 03:18 AM   #6

But I do have respect for them and do apologize for anything that might have offended. These guys are alot smarter than me by far I just thought the feedback would be put in a way that wasn't as offensive as it came off.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I understand, left a another advice forum due to a know it all. Could not deal with it in a polite wau myself. It seemed like this person was popular on this said forum and all started to gang up on me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

You want to see rude or negative? I can point you to a few popular fish forums that will shock the crap out of you.
I believe the mods here do an excellent job of keeping a great environment. I know, I get the dreaded mod messages too often lol. That said I think this place does all that it can and most members are supportive of others. I've lashed out a few times, I've been lashed at a few times, but most of my dealings here are quite peaceful.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's so sad that this happens at a lot of forums. I have left some forums as well for there were members who just wanted to point out that they knew everything better (while most of them just got into the hobby for half a year till maybe two years) and refused to accept advice from people likeme who have decades of experience within the field. And even so, I don't expect people to accept what I'm saying. I do respect other ones opinion of views, but it seems that not everyone is respecting others views.
And I hate so-called topposters who like to make people think that they know a lot. being a topposter doesn't mean that you're a knowledgeable person within the field. For I could be a topposter as well by just posting smilies all the time or something else irrelevant. And believe me, this happens a lot at various forums.
But overhere I myself haven't actually noticed any negativity yet. Which I'm glad about...
Thusfar I'm still enjoying being a member overhere.

Specialized in livebearers &
specific breeder of rare livebearers...
emeraldking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sometimes I think it's the way people post. It's tricky sometimes to relay certain messages without sounding rude.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com