Power bill going up?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just heard national grid is increasing their electricity prices by 37%?? If this is true I'm so screwed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just heard national grid is increasing their electricity prices by 37%?? If this is true I'm so screwed..

Well if this is true you just ruined every aquarists day!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard about that too yesterday. Heating won't really be a problem in the part of California I'm from, we have two seasons, 85 degrees and hell. I'm more worried about cooking my fish.

Sent from my iPhone

My electric has gone up $100/month since I started this fantastic endeavor.. it's pretty ridiculous they can do that and I have no choice in the matter as it's basically monopolized.

I'm actually rather angered, it's not the money, this may sound crazy but.. more ammunition for my gf In the war on the tanks..i can just see it now.. "$200?!?!?!?!, those tanks are a money pit!" Me- "but I like them, happy..they make me"

Yeah I hear you.

It's not right though...

Will this affect the whole country? I hadn't heard of this yet.

I'm actually rather angered, it's not the money, this may sound crazy but.. more ammunition for my gf In the war on the tanks..i can just see it now.. "$200?!?!?!?!, those tanks are a money pit!" Me- "but I like them, happy..they make me"

This is the discussion I'll be having with my parents...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You COULD say, "at least it's just the fish tanks and I'm not spending all our money ....(insert addiction that could kill, give you a disease or send you to rehab)" That's what I always tell my self when I watch my bf spend $150 here $85 there on brine shrimp hatching crud over. And over. And over. He has spent more trying to raise food for our fish than on our actual fish.

Sent from my iPhone

That's huge! Shudder to think if my job went. So much would have to get switched off. One day I want to put solar panels on the roof.

That's huge! Shudder to think if my job went. So much would have to get switched off. One day I want to put solar panels on the roof.

I just heard on the radio the other big 2 want approval to do the same! Arhghhhh

I just heard on the radio the other big 2 want approval to do the same! Arhghhhh

I'm trying the argument that the fish tanks are actually heat sinks and regulate house temp - so it all kind of balances out. So far replies have been rather sarcastic ...

I say they're humidifiers haha

Lol - I'll try that. I think asking if I can have an extra power point installed might have made the family suspicious..

Ugh hope this doesn't happen!

Does anyone have any idea how much power a 100watt and 50watt heater use? What about filters?

Ugh hope this doesn't happen!

Does anyone have any idea how much power a 100watt and 50watt heater use? What about filters?

Minimal dent there..

Well that's good. I never even thought about how much fish stuff would use of electricity.

How much equipment do you have running?

Back
Top Bottom