Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Amazonas is free online? I thought you had to buy a subscription to view entire issues online. Hmmm, I'll have to do that. Why pay when you can get it free, right?

I read issues of Tropical Fish Hobbyist, and AFI (until it just got cancelled) and Amazonas.

I have a small library of reference books, maybe 20 or so, and always grab more when I can off Amazon.com and Ebay. Lots of TFH books are in those, and four of the Baensch Aquarium Atlases (Freshwater 1-3 and Marine Atlas 1).

I also collect the older aquarium books, like ones with pictures of chrome rimmed tanks, tanks with slate bottom and people rigging up bulbs and heating pads underneath tank to heat them. I really get a kick out of seeing that old school stuff. I'll have to find the book that shows aquarists 100 years ago using candles under tanks for heat.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Elephant nose Finatic!

I read tropical fish keeping, couldn't believe it today when I read it they might be banning apple snails in the uk!!

70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com